Photo Assignment : Animals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pilotdane View Post
    Wierdest is when they come into a hover 1' (30cm) in front of your face and just chirp at you in a very angry tone (perhaps to tell me the feeder needs filling).
    Oh Dane, I just love that!
    Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
    Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Here is one that will never hover:

It was walking around at the entrance to Underwater World at Sentose and was not in any hurry to get out of the way of people, or cars.
      There are quite a few Peac*cks at Sentosa like that.

Comment

I've noticed that about pea****s whenever I've seen them, they seem to have little fear of humans and certainly don't rush away from them.
        Ivy

Comment

I love to look at pea fowl and I don't mind the sound. I would really like to have some but they are not very wise about our predators. Their lack of fear does not go well when coyotes roam.

Comment

I know that "everybody" is using smart phones these days, but this take the cake:

Comment

• yvneac
              yvneac commented
              Editing a comment
              A football player tries to call his coach?

• wherrygirl
              wherrygirl commented
              Editing a comment
              Perhaps I should know, but you'll have to explain that one to this ignoramus, Yves!

Lunch time at a terrace in Soder,Stockholm.This seagull seems to be angry and fan of breaded herring.

Comment

A non-wooden Seagull:

A Swedish anno 2007-model.

Comment

Oooooohhhh Tommi! If only I was like that more often!

(See what I mean! ...that was meant to be a comment but feeling more wooden than feathered I seem to have misaimed and ended up with a post!)
                Last edited by Seagull; September 12th, 2014, 11:32. Reason: ...added explanation!

Comment

when i was discharging the computer cabinets [CODEhttp://www.captainsvoyage-forum.com/forum/club-international-things-from-around-the-world/road-kill-transportation-roadside-cars-buses-trucks-trains/2357-mercedes-benz-highway-cruiser?p=180413#post180413][/CODE] across my truck there was a coupple of squirrels hoarding for the winter.
                  made over 60 images,but they are so darn fast,these are the best,and even not good.
                  they where busy for more that 2hours,for unloading,spend most of that time getting them on picture

Last edited by janihudi; September 14th, 2014, 15:22.
                  best regards Thijs

Comment

best regards Thijs

Comment

• pilotdane
                      pilotdane commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Very good photos especially when you know how fast they can move. I love watching the squirrels bury their nuts around our house. It makes me wonder if they actually remember every spot they've hidden nuts or if they forget some... sort of nature's way of seeding the forest.

best regards Thijs

Comment

and Always the same route,over the grass,into the tree,upon the roof,and jump into the tree for there nuts,and go back the same way.

best regards Thijs

Comment

best regards Thijs

Comment

as i said bad images,but had a lot of fun with those fast creatures,fun as in "fun",because after more than 60 attemptsstil had no good image.
                          exept this one,where it was al about.

best regards Thijs

Comment

Thijs, considering the subject, these are great images. I started noting down some specials, but gave up because each one is unique, a perfect picture of a squirrel in action. And how I envy you the red squirrel, they are so endangered here. There are red ones in Scotland, but fewer and fewer elsewhere. I hope you'll do more of these when there is an opportunity.
                            Ivy

Comment

Working...
                            X