No announcement yet.

Photo Assignment : Animals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not a Cecelia to see,until i throw some bread out of the cab.

Last edited by janihudi; June 15th, 2014, 20:06. Reason: oops typo,read Cecelia as Seagull
    best regards Thijs

Comment

best regards Thijs

Comment

best regards Thijs

Comment

Very good shots of the youngster, Thijs. It's learning - truck plus man plus camera equals food! Hang around.
          Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
          Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

This fellow was sitting on the wall when we were on holiday. Not sure that he was having a particularly good feather day!

Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

A Norwegian Seagull - asking about his cousin in Scotland.

Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

• Seagull
                Seagull commented
                Editing a comment
                Hi Norwegian Seagull ...long time no see... Yeapp I'm definitely overdue for a flight in your direction!

There appears to be a veritable Zoo in the Oslofjord this summer: http://www.vgtv.no/#!/video/85335/de...ikk-blinkskudd

And this: http://www.vgtv.no/#!/video/85458/se...-i-oslofjorden

Actually, this should not be such a surprise, since both animals are fairly common all along the Norwegian coast.

Comment

The hummingbirds continue to go crazy at our house. This is the second brood of the summer. Every year this one feeder is designated for the babies. The adults vigorously guard all the other feeders so it's rare to see more than one or two at a time on them. This one feeder is always swarming and about every 6 weeks we see a new batch of birds that are smaller and seem to have just left the nest. I find it amazing how the birds can find their way to our house every year and every year they leave one feeder for the babies.

The other feeders around the house I only fill half way and still it takes about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks for them to need filling agin. The children's feeder gets completely filled three times a day and they would drink more if I were around to fill it more often. The bottom is always licked clean by the time I get home from work. How much nectar do they consume? I make 2 quarts (1.9 liter) every day. The store bought nectar is too expensive and contains too much coloring so we buy sugar in bulk and add a drop of food coloring so we can more easily see when a feeder needs filling.

Comment

Dane, that's incredible to see. Humming birds are an exotic breed for me! And yes, isn't it strange how the adults leave that one feeder for the "nursery", and also that the kids know which one is theirs? Not that there seems to be much of the "baby" about any of them, they seem well able to forage for themselves. Lovely photo.
                  Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                  Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

great shot Dane,we don't have those birds here,and great to see that there are all eating the same time
                    best regards Thijs

Comment

• pilotdane
                      pilotdane commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Already the males are becoming more aggressive and the fights are increasing. It will not be long before they head off on their own and the feeder will quiet down.

Kelly wanted a video of the hummingbirds to show her friends at work so...
                    http://<a href="http://i922.photobuc...&#91;/IMG]</a>

Here is a link to my Photobucket account in case the MP4 I uploaded does not play on your computer.
                    Last edited by pilotdane; August 2nd, 2014, 14:51. Reason: added video link

Comment

busy little birds Dane.
                      best regards Thijs

Comment

Aren't they just! Makes you tired just to watch them. Fun video Dane.
                        Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Where I brew is located below and to the left of the feeder in the video so it's many hours with them close by. Their life is so fast. When flying around we humans must seem stationary. When chasing or fighting they will fly under my chair while I'm sitting in it and I've even had them fly between my legs when walking. Wierdest is when they come into a hover 1' (30cm) in front of your face and just chirp at you in a very angry tone (perhaps to tell me the feeder needs filling).

Comment

and there wish ,is your demand!! spioled little birds
                            best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...
                            X