...the fox say?

Leave a comment:

• yvneac
    commented on 's reply
    Entirely,no doubt.
    But Yul with a herring,not sure.

• yvneac
    commented on 's reply
    516/1.Agree.He bears a resemblance to John Cleese.

• PoloUK
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah - but somehow this guy just had 'the look'! Can't you imagine him with a lollipop?

• yvneac
    commented on 's reply
    Yul Brynner wasn't so hairy,Mark.

• janihudi
    replied
    beautiful captions Mark

Leave a comment:

• PoloUK
    replied
    The pelicans were quite entertaining - for some reason they reminded me of the 'Monty Python' team.

This one was determined to sit on the log, regardless of how low his chances of success were:

Meanwhile in the Gorilla enclosure, a demonstration on the correct way of hitching a lift with Mamma Gorilla ...

... and how not to.

And finally - I worry about my weight, but these two were extremely graceful and delicate even if they were a little on the rotund side.

Leave a comment:

• PoloUK
    replied
    Burger's Zoo, Arnhem - during the sun of last Monday. Just a few random photos.

He may be a pygmy hippo, but I suspect you'd know if he stood on your foot.

A pile of warthogs.

Wouldn't it be wonderful to have your own High Visibility jacket? (Actually one of Mrs Glover's photos)

Starring for one night only, Yul Brynner:

Leave a comment:

• wherrygirl
    replied
    I thought it might be somewhere along there. Just looks a bit familiar!!!!

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    at the spottingplace at the end of holland

Leave a comment:

• wherrygirl
    replied
    Thijs, what a wonderful thing to see. Where were you?

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    then they dive under and came up meters further away.

and some later again
    further and further away from me.

from very far and very much zoomed in on the image.(but for me special enough to see them.)

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    standing at the waterside ,waiting for vessels ,mainwhile polishing the merc,i saw something in the water.
    was it a thich robe or a big piece of wood?
    then i saw more ''material'' then less of it,higher on the water,then deeper in the water.
    so zoomed the camera in and got this.

zoomed on the camera the image in and got this.

4 sea lions

Leave a comment:

• wherrygirl
    replied
    Originally posted by yvneac View Post
    Martin triste (acridotheres tristis) on my balcony in Dubaï.
    "triste" because you were expected to provide tasty morsels as did previous occupants of the room - but you didn't. I just checked that name and found that it is a mynah bird. It's sometimes sold here as a pet, I think, being apparently able to reproduce human speech rather as does a parrot.

I think the red tail hawk's nest has been abandoned.
    They could return, Dane. On a much smaller scale I have found that the blue tits considering one of the nest boxes in my garden have had one or two scares in past years, yet after a few days' absence have returned and continued with the work.

Leave a comment:

• pilotdane
    replied
    I think the red tail hawk's nest has been abandoned. We had an unusually cold night of 18f (-8c) when our normal low should be 40f (4c). After that night I have not seen the hawks at the nest.

Another thought is that I scared them off. I never got closer than 70m and stayed on the ground but they were always aware of me, especially when taking pictures. The shutter clicking really got their attention and I hope I did not pressure them too much.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X