X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Photo Assignment : Animals

Swan down, you funny guy...

This is Goliat, actually a member of my neighbors household:

I'm happy that he doesn't visit his owner too often.

Comment

A group of cormorants having a meeting in the freezing afternoon. It amazes me how their feet dont freeze to the dock surface!

Walking in the shadow of the blues

Comment

Originally posted by Speedbird View Post
        A group of cormorants having a meeting in the freezing afternoon. It amazes me how their feet dont freeze to the dock surface!

Are you having the same cold-spell as we have in Trondheim right now?
        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Our weather has been lovely so the ducks are loving it. We have named them Charles and Camilla and they cross the road from the stream and go around the back of my house, so I see them sleeping there....lol

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

Originally posted by kiki42 View Post
            Our weather has been lovely so the ducks are loving it. We have named them Charles and Camilla and they cross the road from the stream and go around the back of my house, so I see them sleeping there....lol
            Yes, I can see the resemblance.

Comment

I love Giraffes, always been fascinated by them for some reason.

What a kind face.

Baby Giraffe comes out into the cold afternoon.

Mother Giraffe shepherds her young 'un back under her close full watch.
              Infamy, Infamy.... They've got it in for me! Said The Laughing Assassin.

Comment

Kiki, your ducks are lovely, they are obviously enjoying this good weather you speak of. How I envy you and them, it has been dry here lately but is so cold. Brr-rr-rrrr. Think I'll move south - are there any spare houses in Jersey?
                Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Paul, what beautiful shots. You know, when you look into the eyes of the mother in that first photo, you almost forget it is an animal and not a human. It seems as if it is communicating with you. I don't think I've ever seen a close-up of a giraffe's head like that.
                  Ivy

Comment

Originally posted by kiki42 View Post

I love ducks Kiki, I love that sense of family they have. That, and always a joy to photograph.

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
                      Paul, what beautiful shots. You know, when you look into the eyes of the mother in that first photo, you almost forget it is an animal and not a human. It seems as if it is communicating with you. I don't think I've ever seen a close-up of a giraffe's head like that.
                      Thank you Ivy! Oh I know, these Giraffes were quite bewitching to be in the presence of. Amazing to see how graceful they are.

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
                        Kiki, your ducks are lovely, they are obviously enjoying this good weather you speak of. How I envy you and them, it has been dry here lately but is so cold. Brr-rr-rrrr. Think I'll move south - are there any spare houses in Jersey?
                        The ducks are so sweet, we have a number of streams running near my house, so I see them every day, soon time for the little ducklings, I have seen a few so far. my heart is in my mouth when they cross the road, because of the cars passing. Charles and Camilla are so well known here, they go everywhere together...lol

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

Thank you Paul, I hope to have more on the ducks when the ducklings are around. The Brett Geese are here from Russia, but didn't get close enough to them so far. I tried to catch then flying overhead, but they are so fast and high, need to catch them landing in the field next to me instead of at the beach.

Comment

The Brent Geese come in from Russia every year . They fly back and forth from this field next to me and the shore at St Aubins bay. Lovely to see the flock flying over . I waited ages for them to start flying away, but gave up......lol

Comment

I'm not very good at remembering one goose from another as I hardly ever see any. So I must study yours, Kiki, and then I'll at least know a Brent Goose when I see one! Good shots.
                              Ivy

Comment

Originally posted by SaintsFCFan View Post
                                Mother Giraffe shepherds her young 'un back under her close full watch.

My father loved this one: he said it was like a picture of me (with the head coming out of my ...ehhh... but-t.... )
                                With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                                Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Working...
                                X