Photo Assignment : Animals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photo Assignment : Animals

This is a thread where we can post pics of animals , starting with....
    OMG, ITS A SHARK, GOD HELP US ALL!

Wait a minute....That seems to be something else than a shark...It is a...Sea-Otter?

There is two of them!

The crew onboard the ferry "Dyrøy" fed this one with fish

That one knows which ferry to head for! Lovely pics., Sea Otter.
    Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
    Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Indeed: those are some great and for me, rather rare, shots.
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
      Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
      Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Great photos, and as pakarang said I would imagine a rather rare photo opportunity.
        I loved the picture-by-picture storyline…

…as I read the words “There is two of them!” the thought that popped into my mind was “Oh they must be called Kristian and Olaf!!!!!!!!!!! (sorry, just couldn’t resist it…but you must be used to my sense of humour by now I hope!)

…so which of you loves fish the most!!?!?!?

Comment

Thank you !

SOme more pictures, this time ducks on Vega

Last edited by The Sea-Otter; May 18th, 2011, 22:04.

Comment

Due to lack of snow up in the mountains of Setesdal this Easter, I was quite alone to try to go skiing in the wilderness this Easter.

Well

I was not ALL alone.

When you are the only human beeing in this wilderness, you are able to come quite close to any kind of wild animals and birds living here.

And I suddely discovered this "rypestegg". (I think maybe "rype" is "grouse" in english. And "stegg" is the male grouse...?????? )

He obviously ignored me. And was looking for someting else

Ohhhhh yes. Men are MEN

A nice miss..........

A beautiful good looking young female grouse was in the neighbourhood.

And look how he is sneeking around........Hm "Oh dear, what a beautiful lady", he might think

Comment

The female grouse was of course aware of this "gentleman" hanging around. And she started to act quite foolish (like girls very often are doing in situations like this ).

She ran away a bit. And tried to hide herself behind this little rock.

But since the most of you know what happens then........ You know what effect this has on men............

So I will make this history a little shorter.......

You see.

The male grouse all of a sudden lift his tail out in a fan shape to attract the mate.

THAT beautiful young lady REALLY turned him on.

It was great to sort of beeing a part of this mating rite of wild birds living in the wilderness.

And I figured out, that I probably have something to learn from this bird

Comment

Martin, what a delightful story in words and pictures.

I had heard the term rypejakt for grouse hunting.
                In Sweden I think the bird is sometimes called moripa. But maybe these words can refer to any of the family of similar birds, like the red grouse, black grouse, capercaillie and ptarmigan we have in Scotland.

Comment

The famous JERSEY COWS New arrivals in a field next to my home.

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

Jersey cows

This one of the Jersey Cows looks funny, as if it has two heads

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

Seagulls in flight:

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Oh Jan-Olav they are wonderful.
                        I needed cheering up and encouraging and you helped me yesterday, maybe without even realising quite how much you had, and now this morning I find there are dandelions in the Trondheim thread, and here’s the seagull…. me flying down to England later today.

Comment

A seagull would be the appropriate way to wish you safe flight and happy travels.

Comment

How about a couple of horses?

This three day old was born early on tuesday morning.

Isn't she cute? The proud mother seems to be a bit more concerned about the evening meal.

Hi there!

A bit tired indeed.

Portrait.

Comment

An afternoon in the presence of the King of Kings, I had a jaw dropping moment or two!!

This majestic fellow was walking just a King would!

This graceful lady was having a drink from the lake, she was about 3-4 meters from me. A very jaw dropping moment I can tell you!!
                              Infamy, Infamy.... They've got it in for me! Said The Laughing Assassin.

Comment

Working...
                              X