X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Photo assignment: Sailing

Comment

Do you think that I enjoyed the day? Yes!

Start's away.

Well that's all from Råå/Helsingborg, I hope that you enjoyed the action!

Comment

Originally posted by Tommi View Post

Next time he should try it WITH a boat!!!
        Last edited by ombugge; July 2nd, 2012, 04:54.

Comment

Oh my, Tommi…extreme sailing or what!!!! …and images that have me reaching for a towel as I look at them.
          Remind me, is your camera waterproof!? I can only imagine what “photos of the photographer” would look like!

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
            Oh my, Tommi…extreme sailing or what!!!! …and images that have me reaching for a towel as I look at them.
            Remind me, is your camera waterproof!? I can only imagine what “photos of the photographer” would look like!
            Well Canon calls the camera "weather protected", which basically means absolutely nothing! It will usually cope good in normal rainy conditions, but it doesn't quite like splashing water. Some of the buttons were still a bit strange a day after returning home.

Comment

It is not only the camera, it is also you and your good eye for the perfect moment.
              I bet, any camera would have to struggle competing with your weather protection.

Naaah! Serious.
              These are wonderful pictures and i show them to everyone, who is interested in sailing!! Very well done!
              Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Wonderful Work, Tommi! I feel like I am in the water!!!!!

Comment

Gosh great photos Tommi , so rough I was beginning to feel sea sick. lol

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

Thank you all for your kind comments.
                    Normally at these occasions I have a hard plastic case for protecting the camera during the transportation. Since I was planning to travel home with train, together with a luggage consisting of clothes and gear for a weeks sailing I couldn't bring that along. Instead I had the camera in a water proof sea bag (together with a termos of coffee and some lunch!).
                    I was also a bit wet, despite full sail clothing and boots! Many credits also goes to my fantastic motorboat driver! Fun day at sea!

Comment

It obviously seems to be the season for sailing. Two regattas today, first 6mR Swedish international championship:

Comment

Comment

Followed by the Classical boat meet regatta, sailed to celebrate the 100 year jubilee of the 1912 Stockholm summer Olympics.

Comment

This boat actually won it's class on the 1912 regatta.

Comment

Comment

Some more pictures from the festives in the harbour are coming up within some days.

I had a interesting day, riding together in the photoboat with a pro photographer writing for the German magazine "Yacht".

Comment

Working...
                                X