Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There also were some catamarans.

A matched pair?

The organiser has some footage from the same days as I was there taking photos: http://video.ksss.se/#p13Qmuw4Rm-IBsb2bJqOVw

Comment

Great pictures so filled with dynamic. Isn't it a pity that this is the last race and autumn is about to come.? Since we had such a long winter, summer was pretty short!
      Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Not too much action with Capt. Rotonen & Crew:

Comment

A quick video from a very small optimist training group:

Comment

Beautiful sailing photos... I just can't get over how cold it looks. But wow! Laying full out on a tapiz. They do look like they are having fun.

Comment

Thank you Dane!

Speaking of nothing, Kong Harald has good taste, he actually bought a boat similar to mine: http://www.seilmagasinet.no/id/40610

Comment

December, not much photography these days, I'm more or less living at the theater for the moment and looking for new job.
                Had some hours to compile a Portfolio including some of the better sailing photograph taken during this year, link.

Comment

A fine portfolio Tommi. Perhaps you also think of compiling a theatre portfolio (from over the last few years). I am in awe of your achievements with these two photo "specialities" of yours
                  Wishing you the very best with the job.

Comment

The traditional X-mas regatta was on in Aalesund yesterday:

Comment

Not of Tommi quality and action value, but worth showing that sailing is not just a summer activity in Aalesund.

Comment

This years first regatta photo occasion, the start of the shorthanded Seapilot2Star ocean race. These boats are sailed with crew of just two persons. The start, where the pictures are taken, was yesterday in Oxelösund. From there they sail to the first pit-stop in Visby, to continue to Oskarshamn befpre reaching Oxelösund again.
                        I was on the official photo/video boat, from where they also were shooting some streaming videos too.

Here are some of the better shots from yesterday:

Comment

Do you remember the old trend with panning shots we had a couple of years ago?

The man on Pac-man.

Next call Visby...

The complete set of photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/rotone...7644947056733/

Comment

As well as your always excellent action shots, I must pick out #147/5 for a mention for its combination of grey and the lightest of gold. Lovely.

Comment

Dear Tommi,

You certainly are good at this: photographing sailing boats in all kinds of weathers and moods.
                              With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                              Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Some very interesting shots, Tommi, as always. I find special ones at #146.3 and 4 - the first one the epitome of close-up action while the following image contrasts with emphasis on light amd shade in sky and water and, despite the choppy water, a feeling of gentle solitude. Another favourite is #147.5 with its amber and grey sails against the contrasting bands of cream and grey skies - very effective.
                                Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                                Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Working...
                                X