Photo Assignments: Sameness

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo Assignments: Sameness

Today I found an excuse to start this thread from a post by Seagull in the Ranheim thread:
    But if you are really feeling overwhelmed by a sense of having “pictured it all before” then what I would do if I was you is exactly that – choose a couple of nearby views and repeatedly photograph them. Then you will be exploring and understanding “sameness”, the subtleties and the differences within “sameness”. Remember how many times I photographed the same hills and things in Skyscape.
    I have been dabling into this with the same motif but with different lighting and weather earlier in the "This is Aalesund" thread, mostly with Webcam pics lifted from smp.no, but also with pictures shot from the veranda at the Boy's flat.

To kick it off I'll continue with just that; pictures taken, mostly but not exclusively at sunrise and sunset. (The gap between the two is not that great at that time of the year, anyhow)

All taken from that same venue and in more or less the same direction, during our visits in Nov. 2010. (Some may have featured in the "This is Aalesund" thread earlier)

06. Nov. 2010 at 13:55 hrs.:

07.Nov.2010 at 15:38 hrs.:

09.Nov.2010 at 10:35 hrs.:

10.Nov.2010 at 11:06 hrs.:

11.Nov.2010 at 14:44 hrs.:

Comment

12.Nov.2010 at 14:38 hrs.:

13.Nov. 2010 at 11:22 hrs.:

14.Nov.2010 at 10:50 hrs.:

14.Nov.2010 at 13:57 hrs.:

Comment

The next set is all from the same day.

15.Nov.2010 at 12:39 hrs.:

15.Nov.2010 at 14:58 hrs.:

15.Nov.2010 at 15:18 hrs.:

15.Nov.2010 at 15:20 hrs.:

Comment

16.Nov.2010 at 10:19 hrs.:

17.Nov.2010 at 15:53 hrs.:

Comment

18.Nov.2010 at 0940 hrs.:

This one is zoomed in to highlight the sunshining on the peak only and the reflection in a window at "Seilerhytta".

18.Nov.2010 at 14:51 hrs.:

18.Nov.2010 at 16:01 hrs.:

Comment

19.Nov.2010 at 13:52 hrs.:

19.Nov.2010 at 16:36 hrs.:

20.Nov.2010 at 13:13 hrs.:

20.Nov.2010 at 13:17 hrs.:

Zoomed in to catch a trans-polar flight heading north west.
              Last edited by ombugge; January 10th, 2011, 11:07. Reason: replacing picture

Comment

21.Nov.2010 at 12:14 hrs.:

21.Nov.2010 at 13:32 hrs.:

21.Nov.2010 at 16:17 hrs.:

22.Nov.2010 at 16:37 hrs.:

Comment

23.Nov.2010 at 09:25 hrs.:

23.Nov.2010 at 12:00 hrs.:

23.Nov.2010 at 16:26 hrs.:

24.Nov.2010 at 12:03 hrs.:

Some may find this boring, but I'm very pre-occupied withe the ever changing light conditions and weather in Aalesund during this time of the year.

I also have a similar series of pics taken from the same venue, but in a different direction to catch the early rays before and at sunrise.

Comment

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
                    ....Some may find this boring....
                    NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    MARVELLOUS thread Ombugge. I shall spend absolutely hours looking at these images.

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
                    ....I also have a similar series of pics taken from the same venue, but in a different direction to catch the early rays before and at sunrise.
                    YES PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Ombugge, just never stop! Having recently replied to Cecilia on another thread about choosing one's best/favourite photo, I gasped at your first one with its sense of mystery and serenity but then my mouth remained open (in a figurative way!) as I progressed down the thread. My list of favourites grew so long that I abandoned it. These are the pictures I can stare at for a long time - absorbing atmosphere, delighting in the subtleties of shading, being lit up myself by unexpected gleams of light in the sky... on that window.
                      One word: superb.
                      Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Clever idea! what will be fun is building this up over weeks and months!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ehp View Post
                          Well, I don't know if my sons would appreciate a long term guest standing at the window taking pictures. For week and months some more!!

I'll follow up with some more of the same, but maybe back to webcam pics. What about Geiranger at various times of the year??

Comment

Geiranger....I think that would be BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ehp View Post
                              Well, I don't know if my sons would appreciate a long term guest standing at the window taking pictures. For week and months some more!!
                              I have asked my sons. They say you are welcome, as long as it is in the summer, otherwise they'll have to charge you for the extra heating bill.
                              When can I tell them to expect you Lady E????

Comment

Working...
                              X