Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo Assignment: Winter wonderland

place your images of your winter wonderland

Last edited by pakarang; January 12th, 2011, 16:33. Reason: Amended thread title.
    best regards Thijs

best regards Thijs

Comment

The road that I have an igloo on. Or where I am.

Only one 4x4 gone through.

The next street to me.

Did someone say plough!
      Infamy, Infamy.... They've got it in for me! Said The Laughing Assassin.

Comment

ha ha you got about the same amount of snow like we did,nice that you went out ,aldo you hate winter.
        it was fun issn't it
        best regards Thijs

Comment

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
          ha ha you got about the same amount of snow like we did,nice that you went out ,aldo you hate winter.
          it was fun issn't it
          HaHa, Thijs I hope I never see snow again. I came out of my house at 7am in the morning straight into 3ft (91cm) of snow. I had to dig my way out 24ft (7m) to my gate.

This is what I got.
          Infamy, Infamy.... They've got it in for me! Said The Laughing Assassin.

Comment

Great pics, both of you. I love that one of yours, Thijs, with the very disconsolate looking dog ploughing its way along.
            And crumbs, Paul, you've got it bad your way. Nothing like that here. I mean the side roads are dicey and there's plenty of snow, but not that depth. That third one is really beautiful, shows how steep it is near you. Yet to see the other views you would have no idea.
            Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
            Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

blaimy we don't have get so much snow,roughly 15-20 cm but that is a lot for holland.
              but i still like it,don't been out yet,or hear the news, so don't know what to expect on my way to Kleve Germany.

the computer days about disconsolate as sad.
              Indy wassn't disconsolate,he had the time of his life when it has been snowing.

best regards Thijs

Comment

my advice to you all;

DON´T EAT YELLOW SNOW

best regards Thijs

Comment

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
                  DON´T EAT YELLOW SNOW
                  OK.... .... too late... not!

Originally posted by SaintsFCFan View Post
                  Only one 4x4 gone through.

The next street to me.
                  These are two beautiful shots! I love the way they are displayed and work... there is depth, atmosphere, and I can almost sense the day. These are really good!
                  With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                  Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                  Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                  Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

I got excited with the little bit of snow we got, but Thijs your snow put's mine to shame. Have fun driving in all that stuff.

Comment

i had fun this week,but it gets his trouble too.
                      germany don't trow salt on the roads like we do in holland.
                      had to unload in germany,having troubles to gooing backwarts up to the docks from of the street.
                      with the tractor between 2 cars the rear axle was spinning like hell,to melting the ice.
                      was coming a woman out of the office writhing the licenceplate and phonenr. of the company,meanwhile complaning that i wassn't trowing salt or even that i havn't salt with me and that i was driving with old tyre's.
                      she was probaly a tyre expert,there was 10 mm of profile on it.
                      you stupid woman.

finaly i reach the dock,but it take me about 30 min. for 20 meters backwarts
                      best regards Thijs

Comment

Do you mean that you're supposed to carry your own salt in Germany????
                        Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                        Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Maybe this Norwegian invention is something to introduce in UK and Holland?
                          http://www.norskdesign.no/industride...e1691-287.html
                          Free business idea.

Comment

Throwing salt on the roads is in the responsability of the local communities. They all have to save money and so they don't like to use their salt. As we all know, we have climate warming and so we don't have to expect snow anymore. Private people are not allowed to use salt because of environtmental protection. We only may use salt on our footpaths, if there is ice-rain.

The behaviour of German companies against truck drivers or transport companies is getting quite shameless. Of course they are responsible for their yard! By law you are enabled to refuse the unloading. You could break your neck on an icy yard! But if you will claim about that woman, they will even ban you from their property, call your company and insist on a new driver! There are too many transport companies right now and it is easy to find alternatives.

I have to apologize for all these ass-holes in my country.

In my job it is very important that you and your colleages will deliver our products safely and in time to the customer. And to 99% this works perfect despite of week-ends, holidays or weather conditions. So you have my greatest respect, Sir and i feel honored to call some of your colleagues my friends.

Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

our garden in december 2010

greetings Doris

Comment

Working...
                              X