Photo Assignment: Reflections/Mirror

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo Assignment: Reflections/Mirror

Sometimes you see the most remarkable things, I am always amazed at how water reflections can present themselves. Yesterday I took this one of the river that runs through our town. Remarkable, because it's a river that's usually runs quite fast and only stops for a few minutes twice a day for the Aegir tidal bore. But even then when it stops the water is always choppy and never restful like this.
    This is the first time in my life I haven't ever seen this dangerous killer of a river stand completely still like a sheet of glass. I'm glad that I was there to photograph the event, it will probably never happen again in my lifetime.

Infamy, Infamy.... They've got it in for me! Said The Laughing Assassin.

Here is another that I took of only the reflection, anyone else got some of their reflections?
    I love this subject of reflections, so much you can add to it. Your garden pond, a bird bath, lake or anything you can think of with reflections....

Comment

Lovely idea for a new thread, Paul. I love both these "starters", but perhaps the first one is my favourite - the composition is perfect and the sky, well, I was about to say "out of this world", but it's not, is it! Very much a part of it and you have caught it magnificently.
      Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Amazing, Paul..., just great!

I like reflections, even if I don't take their picture on every occation.
        Here's a picture of an old tree reflected in what used to be our citys drinking water several decades ago

An old root in the same water

And finally, if I may, these are two pictures from that water taken 23. October 2005 of the small island in the middle

"IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Very, very beautiful, Sterkoder. If you turn the photos of the island clockwise one quarter the island with its reflection is transformed into a tree. I've always loved reflections, too, and also, although it is different, the light of stained glass thrown by sunlight on to an empty stretch of a church floor. Indirect images I call them.
          Ivy

Comment

Ohhh. I am really liking this thread.

Comment

Not to brag, but this is the photograph within this category, I'm the most pleased with.

I'm going to turn it into a large scale image and hang it in my living room.

With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
              Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
              Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
              Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

How seriously brilliant these reflections are! Sterkoder & Pakarang, both of you have a gift for spotting these kind of things.
                As Dane says... I am also really liking this thread, the photos that you guy's & gals keep producing put so called pro's to shame. Yay!!

Comment

Very, very beautiful, Pakarang. And it be very arresting on a wall.
                  Ivy

Comment

great images.

this is gonna be a very intresting thread,with lots of possabillities
                    best regards Thijs

Comment

Reflections in the Singapore River

Comment

Those images from Singapore is simple, but still very fascinating...
                        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                        Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Photo Assignment: Reflections/Mirror

Strange that this topic haven't been here yet
                          Reflections are so normal photography

View more photo's at my Flickr photostream blog

Comment

Nice one Tom, and your images in Flirt with Colour too. Have you seen the ones in the reflections thread in the Rookie and Pro section?

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
                              Nice one Tom, and your images in Flirt with Colour too. Have you seen the ones in the reflections thread in the Rookie and Pro section?
                              I have now merged the two threads...

I have many times been asked what is the difference between the two categories in our forum, the Photo Gallery and the Photo Assignements. This is how I intended to separate the two categories:

Photo Galleries:
                              A place where you can make your own thread after a walk, a trip, a special photo project or your special own category. Don't be afraid to make various photo projects of your own and then gather them in a thread here. A private gallery/galleries with your own work(s).

Photo Assignments:
                              A place with threads where people can share their various images within a specific theme, much like an enoucragement to get all of you out (or even in) to experience the world around you. Members sharing their images within a theme.
                              With kind regards,

Jan-Olav Storli
                              Administrator and Owner CaptainsVoyage Forum / CaptainsVoyage.com

Comment

Working...
                              X