Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Photo Assignement: Random images of fruits and vegetables.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo Assignement: Random images of fruits and vegetables.

In this toppic you can post pictures of all fruits and vegetables worldwide. Normal, special and "deformed"

Now this is unusual, Meizemuis, and peppers are a lovely start because they are so extremely colourful, aren't they, especially when you open them up? I must keep an eye on this thread, and will look for a contribution for it myself.
    Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
    Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

I LOVE this idea Marijke! Especially as is something so ORDINARY and yet, can be so beautiful when we just pause for a moment and LOOK!!!! A simple white plate is all you need! Imagine what an interesting collection this would make to decorate a kitchen wall!!

Comment

Originally posted by ehp View Post
        I LOVE this idea Marijke! Especially as is something so ORDINARY and yet, can be so beautiful when we just pause for a moment and LOOK!!!! A simple white plate is all you need! Imagine what an interesting collection this would make to decorate a kitchen wall!!
        Thanks for the compliment.

The shooting is now a little quiet with me, but more will follow soon .....

Comment

I did not post these in the nature section because there is nothing natural about growing bananas in North Carolina so it goes in the fruits and vegetables section. This one plant started to form it's fruit pod at the worst time. The summer is quickly ending and I cannot provide enough artificial light for a plant this size. I brought the plant inside two weeks ago and stopped watering it trying to force it to go dormant. It did not work. I now have baby bananas going into winter.

This is the view I see from the ground.

Here is the aerial view while standing on my tractor.

A close-up of the banana flower? I don't know if you call them flowers or fruit at this point.

And, just so you know how unnatural a banana in North Carolina can be... here is the banana in my equipment garage where it will spend the winter.

Comment

are they eatable at that stage?

you need that tractor for the CV yacht,getting it in and out the pond
            best regards Thijs

Comment

Great, Dane, apart from the edible possibilities! I love the satiny sheen on the leaves in the first one, and that close-up is beautiful.
              Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
              Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

They are too young to eat. They are about the size of your big finger. When ready to pick they will much larger, about 1/2 to 2/3 the size of a Chiquita banana you find in the store.

I have three others banana plants that will be should be timed well to fruit during the summer next year. It's a shame, I missed the timing on this big one by a couple weeks.

Comment

A few days ago, I came across a series of images of rotting fruits.... sadly, I can't find the site again. It was really awesome photography: the patterns in rotting fruits was very intriguing.

If I find the site again, I will share the link.
                  With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                  Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                  Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                  Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

The pod continues to open. Every 2 or 3 days another "hand" of bananas appear. So far there are more than 80 little bananas and at the bottom you can see more of the pod that has not opened yet.

I have given up trying to force the plant to go dormant. I have started watering it again and I move it outside on warm days. I hope I can keep it going long enough to get something to eat.

Comment

a bit odd maybe about what you are gooing to see.
                      maybe you know that i (we as a family) have a bad week behind us.
                      on the image is shown a funeral wreath,that was placed from my 2 sisters and i and our partners on the grave of our beloved father.
                      a man that spend many hours on a piece of land to grow vegetables,
                      about flowers he know nothing,but about potato's and vegetable's he knows enough.
                      what better to place then that were he knows everything of and what stands for our father

Last edited by janihudi; February 26th, 2011, 22:35.
                      best regards Thijs

Comment

also what his grandchildern had placed (7 and one greatgrandchild, among them are wesley, cornel and miezemuis,members here) was i that line of thoughts
                        with growing vegatables.

mom and dad,after 3 years together again,rest in peace
                        best regards Thijs

Comment

Thijs- I think this is possibly one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen.

You have been in my prayers the past few days....the kids, too.

I am so touched by your last comment....together again. How lovely!!!

Hang in there, my friend!!!!!!

Comment

So personal Thijs, this so touched and moved me. Such a thoughtful tribute to your dear parents.
                            What a wonderful family you are.

Comment

THANK YOU MY DEAR LADIES

we have a saying here;shared sorrow is half sorrow,as what the translationsite came up with.

i had my thoughts about these images,maybe they come to close,to privatly,it wasn't easy for me to place them at that moment.
                              there were ribbons on them too,but i removed them.
                              on image 11 you also see the pole with numbers, 30 is dad,29 is mom.(the tombstone is removed offcourse,for now)
                              together again,married for 58 years and devided for 2 years and 50 weeks,yes on 2 weeks, exactly 3 years.

fact is that i have a wonderful family here too at CV ,from the 10 kids (brothers and sisters) there are 3 left now,and i knew some kids from my aunts and uncles,but the most i hardly knew.
                              thats the downside when they fledge out of home.

so THANK YOU that i may be a part of this family
                              Last edited by janihudi; February 27th, 2011, 12:19.
                              best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...
                              X