Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo Assignment: Captainís Virtual Birthday

Photo Assignment: Captainís Virtual Birthday

Well, even though Iím a CV Official Photographer, I would never have imagined that I would be brave enough to start new threads in the Photo Assignment section Ė and then I get two ideas all at once! One can wait and is more long-term, but here is the more-fun-than-photographic topical one that anyone can join in, and everyone is encouraged to . . . . absolutely no technical camera expertise required!

Thanks to Paul Cobb for giving me the idea with his remark in the Crew Manifest Happy Birthday to Members thread, and also the popularity of the favourite cake thread in Food of the World.

Sunday 25th July is our Captainís birthday, and as he is working I expect the celebrations to spread over the entire weekend. So the assignment is to obtain (or even make!) any kind of cake you fancy, take a photo, and post the picture(s) here on CV.

Iíd love to make this virtual birthday party an annual CV Family occasion.

Holy....., what an idea!!!!
    But remember, there are a lot of male members in here, so I would almost rather have a picture viewing the "baking area" in the kitchen posted (mohahahahahaha)
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

. . . . and photos of your favourite cake shop or supermarket may also be included!

Comment

Brilliant idea, Lady C!!! Now I wonder what kind of cake for Lookchin and me to make?????

Comment

Best to let the Bear decide, let him get on with it, and stand by with a bucket and mop!!!!!!!
          (Maybe discourage candles or youíll need a fire extinguisher as well!!!!!!).

Comment

Nice idea, Seagull. Thoughts, hmmm, rock cake might sink like a stone; bath bun or sponge cake might be appropriate? A sea biscuit? Hmmm...

Anyways, what's the other, long-term idea? Or are you not able to reveal, yet?

Comment

Ehemm..... do I get a say in this, or will I know me responsible for letting all our members add too many kilos, spend a fortune on cookies and cakes...

Or, did everyone just need an excuse to fork out a fortune on something sweet?

With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
              Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
              Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
              Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                Ehemm..... do I get a say in this, or will I know me responsible for letting all our members add too many kilos, spend a fortune on cookies and cakes...

Or, did everyone just need an excuse to fork out a fortune on something sweet?

Sorry, I forgot to post a

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

I have a distinct feeling that many do these kind of things anyway! So Captainís Birthday would be the one time a year that they donít need to feel guilty about it!

But of course if anyone really must pass on the cakes and biscuits they can still post a photo at the virtual party Ė even an empty plate or something of that sort would do. It would just require a little ďthinking outside the cake tinĒ so to speak!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Cobb View Post
                    Nice idea, Seagull. Thoughts, hmmm, rock cake might sink like a stone....Anyways, what's the other, long-term idea? Or are you not able to reveal, yet?
                    Whereas the Captainís Virtual Birthday is intended as an annual event Ė a thread for only a few days use per year, that other photo-assignment idea is more what we are used to always having around to post in. . . . and you were actually rather close with your rock cake Paul!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Strawberries with melis and milk! That's the treat for a summer birthday! Not only can you have it on the Day, you can have it any day; one week before, one week after, you do not need to apologize for having this delicacy. So have a nice summer (and a nice birthday when the time comes)!! Enjoy, enjoy!

PS: Of course I have eaten it! Maybe I'll eat another on July 25th!

(Today I saw another car with a CV registration plate. Isn't our captain back from his summer excursion throughout Norway, I thought...)

Regards; Sigve.
                      ---
                      IF I WIN IN LOTTO, I COULD GO EVERYWHERE. WITH FRAM....

Comment

WAOW.... Brilliant image of the strawberries! Very well composed and executed... super sharp, lots of details and... I WANT STRAWBERRIES NOW!

Comment

Now, please remember that
                          Sunday 25th July is our Captainís birthday!
                          Have you baked your virtual cakes?
                          Don't forget!
                          The invitation is open and the party is on!
                          Regards; Sigve.
                          ---
                          IF I WIN IN LOTTO, I COULD GO EVERYWHERE. WITH FRAM....

Comment

Will be away for a few days, so may I take this opportunity of wishing Jan-Olav a very happy birthday, and may he get the choice of cake that HE wants!

Comment

Not quite confident in the baking area, and with the perfect hot weather we have here right now and the fact that we are in the middle of preparing a vacation, I haven't gotten to baking a cake
                              If I can post a virtual cake later, it would suit me better...

All this said:
                              Where is our captain exactly....? (worried)
                              "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Working...
                              X