Photo Assignment: Show us your favourite Pub, Restaurant or Watering hole

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photo Assignment: Show us your favourite Pub, Restaurant or Watering hole

I will start this off with a picture of my favourite Pub in Singapore, the Cable Car:

It is a branch of a Japanese chain of Pubs and theamed on the San Francisco Cable Cars of the 1890s.
    Originally started by an American in Chinatown, Yokohama. (A well known place for our seafaring CVF members I'm sure)

It is situated in a covered Food Street called Cuppage Terrace, off Orchard Road.
    See you there when you are next in Singapore:

Not many favourite pubs among CVF members apparently.

This is not (yet) my favourit pub, but a place we happened to drop into, which proved to be a bit special and with a very innovative Coc*ktail menu:

No, not my type of drink, but interesting never the less. It is mixed to suite the taste of young people that like to drink, but do not want the taste of alcohol, according to Joe Newin, the Bar Manager and part owner of Hopscotch and a chain of 3 other Pub/Bars around in the Tg. Pagar and Chinatown area. He is also the creative mind behind the decor and the drinks for all four outlets.

This on is situated in what used to be Maxwell Road Police Station and home to the Traffic Police. Now called Red Dot Design Museum:
    http://www.yoursingapore.com/see-do-...gn-museum.html
    Slated to be converted to another Boutique Hotel soon I've been told.

Enough talk. Here is some pictures from the Hopscotch Pub/Bar at the ground floor court yard.
    The outside seating is simple but functional:

They even grow their own herbs in the courtyard:

The purpose of the recycled paper covering this concoction escapes me, but the green "bands" are Pandan Leaves and the Coc*ktail inside is the "Fortune Kaya Flip":

They do have a good selection of beers and wines, as well as liqueurs and whiskeys, if you are not into adventurous Coc*ktails.

Comment

Working...
    X