No announcement yet.

Photo Assignment: Your best landscape photos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not exactly my best landscape photos, as the thread title suggest, but anyway..., here's breathing life into an old thread again.
    I drove the other way around island Frei to go home from work today, to try out my 450mm lense and the new LEE Filters at Freistranda beach.

Here we see the 994 meters high Reinsfjell mountain, with the communication, radio and tv antennas on top
    (Note the small hut in the lower left corner)
    IMGP0855 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

20 second exposure of a quay at Freistranda beach. The Gjemnessundet suspention bridge can be seen in the distance
    ​​​​​​IMGP0862 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

60 seconds exposure
    ​​​​​​IMGP0866 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

I like the middle one.

It's almost like those I took from the wooden bathing pier at Ranheim when that was my home. The filters effect on the water elevates the images considerably: to the point from a snapshot to a real photograph.
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

• Sterkoder
        Sterkoder commented
        Editing a comment
        It was a bit too bright when I took those pictures though.
        Should've been a bit more cloudy, a little grayer day and the sky should've been darker with my other ND grad.
        But hey, this is the second time I practice using my new filters, so... And the key word here is just that; practice-practice-practice :-)

So true, practice makes perfect!
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

I'm smiling at the two of you because I just KNEW that pakarang would be drawn to that pier image, Svein!
        It must be years ago now since I had drawn pakarang's attention to such a motif that I'd noticed recurring in his photography in Thailand as well as Norway. (I imagined two photos from his two countries mounted together, and there was another motif pair with a low viewpoint looking along roads in his two countries.)

Svein, I do understand how excited you are with all your new photo gear, and experimenting and learning what can be done, but the difference between us is that I would probably enjoy all the resulting variations of the exact same subject, perhaps returned to in different weather too - and not just one eventual "perfect" picture.

I suppose that is why I let pakarang persuade me into two "365" years and you didn't! I even had to limit my pictures' subject matter to make the project more limited and me-possible!

Comment

Working...
        X