Clear All

Another of Hamelin Pool, WA at sundown:

Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
    Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
      Another of Hamelin Pool, WA at sundown:

That image is so simple, but still so wonderfully beautiful! Absolutely beautiful with that perfect frameing!
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
      Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
      Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Why, thank you very much indeed, Jan-Olav. Glad you really liked the photo as I didn't think that type of picture appealed to you. And thanks for the remark about the frame. I want to do more framing when appropriate, and want to go back and frame the first Hamelin Pool pic. I put in this thread. That one went down very well in Flickr!
        Ivy

Comment

one from 2010...Vestfjorden

Comment

That is a great shot Kristian... it does work very well.

The only thing I might have done differently is the cropping.... keeping the ferry 1/3 away from the right edge of the picture.

But the light, and the sea is really beautifully captured.

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

That is a great shot Kristian... it does work very well.

The only thing I might have done differently is the cropping.... keeping the ferry 1/3 away from the right edge of the picture.

But the light, and the sea is really beautifully captured.

Comment

A nice day out and my favorite place to go gave me a lovely scene to sit down and take in the tranquility.

Morton Trent Bank
                Infamy, Infamy.... They've got it in for me! Said The Laughing Assassin.

Comment

Very beautiful and very peaceful... love it. What's the temperature like there now?

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                    Very beautiful and very peaceful... love it. What's the temperature like there now?
                    Thank you Jan-Olav! The temperature at the moment is a balmy 18° and wet. It's been spitting about with rain most of the morning and indicated to have torrential downpours later in the day.
                    Torrential downpours are not good at the moment with the soil being very hard and resistant to water, which means localized flooding. Still, if there is flooding it could be a great opportunity for some photos of it!!

Comment

Re: Photo Assignment: Your best landscape photos

Here I found a nice scene right at bottom of an old ferry road next to the River Trent, the road was a hazardous bumpy potholed 2mile or (3.2km) to the rivers edge.
                      Apparently here is where the ferry boat was kept, to summon the ferry you shouted across the river and the ferryman would come. This was running as late as the 1950's from what I was told.
                      I love quirky stuff like that!

Carlton On Trent

Comment

What a tranquil scene it makes, Paul. Lovely photograph. And there is so much of interest in the trees as background at this time of year, with some still showing their silhouette of branches and twigs, others enveloped in a haze of soft green as buds begin to open and yet more in full leaf.
                        Ivy

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
                          What a tranquil scene it makes, Paul. Lovely photograph. And there is so much of interest in the trees as background at this time of year, with some still showing their silhouette of branches and twigs, others enveloped in a haze of soft green as buds begin to open and yet more in full leaf.
                          Tranquil it was Ivy, but a nightmare to get there for this lovely view. Funny thing is because of the topography of this place it was okay when dry, but wet and it would turn into a quagmire. Lucky, as 15 minutes later it threw it down with hard driving rain and we would have been stuck in mud miles from any help. I won't be back! LOL

Comment

This is the view from the top of Bempton Cliffs, not for the faint hearted.
                            Notice the small people at the right side at the top, made me a bit nervous.

Comment

Flamborough Head & Trinity House Lighthouse on Flamborough Head.
                              A scary view considering the 100ft (30m) sheer drop, I don't like heights to be honest! LOL

Flamborough Head inlet.

Flamborough Head Lighthouse's,
                              The left Lighthouse is from 1806, and the distant right lighthouse is from 1669.

Comment

Ye gods, where were you standing in #58 - or have you grown wings?
                                Superb images, Paul, of beautiful scenery.
                                Ivy

Comment

Working...
                                X