X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SaintsFCFan
    started a topic Photo Assignement: Foul Weather

Photo Assignement: Foul Weather

After a look around CV, I couldn't see a thread for bad weather. So here is a start to that most strange and fearsome act of nature.... Foul Weather.

Here is look into the heart of the dragon, or as in my case a huge rain storm about to land home on our Ashcroft Road area. And boy did it rain!!

• ombugge
    replied
    More view of foul weather over Emblemsfjellet:

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Very dramatic clouds in that weather system - really great idea to get so much sky in each of the photos, whilst still having sufficient foreground. Well done!

Leave a comment:

• Tommi
    commented on 's reply
    Really impressive clouds!

• Sterkoder
    replied
    A weather system passed Kristiansund out in the ocean a couple of years ago. I was working, so I only had my iPhone6S available for photography.
    The effects used are 25% HDR and a certain amount of smoothness
    ​​​​​​Værsystem1-1 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​Værsystem2-1 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Originally posted by ombugge View Post
    Foul weather?? We have a lot of it here in Sunnmore at this time of the year. Here is a short but interesting video of lightning:
    http://www.smp.no/nyheter/nordre/201...ick_articles=3
    The name of the one who filmed this sounds REALLY familiar to me.... I think I might have been working with him in the past....

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    Foul weather?? We have a lot of it here in Sunnmore at this time of the year. Here is a short but interesting video of lightning:
    http://www.smp.no/nyheter/nordre/201...ick_articles=3

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    Good weather is just about to break:

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    Clouds rolling in over the mountains:

On a dark and stormy night....:

Beaufort force 8 in Borgundfjorden:

Reverting if I get a good picture of the force 10 storm forecast for tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• nari
    commented on 's reply
    Yup... it is a lenticular cloud in quoits-on-a stick shape and always my favourite type of cloud. There are dozens of shapes. and almost always in calm still cold air over or near a mountain. Or two. Nothing to do with tornados, just the air waves over and around a mountain having fun.

Go to Google images and there are hundreds of examples.

• ombugge
    replied
    Has anybody on CVF seen a cloud forestation like this before?: http://www.vg.no/nyheter/innenriks/v...en/a/23622277/
    Yes Tornadoes on lower latitudes maybe, but this is in Troms, north of the Arctic Circle.

Leave a comment:

• Tommi
    commented on 's reply
    It wasn't actually cold at all, and you can almost see a glimpse of sunshine in the far background (center of Helsinki I think).
    But - the rain really smeared out all contrast in the picture and made it almost look like a painting.

• pakarang
    replied
    There is something awesome about that last shot by Tommi... I like the way it is exposed and the way foul weather is captured. Certainly a wet and perhaps cold day.

Leave a comment:

• Tommi
    replied
    Thank you all, lets continue the rather suggestive maritime theme:

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied
    I know it's only August, but I seem to be seeing "Outstanding Photos of the Year" everywhere recently. This image is my "Favourite Tommi" .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X