No announcement yet.

Photo Assignement: Foul Weather

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good to see we`re not the only ones having foul weather!

One of this years last snow showers passing by:

Walking in the shadow of the blues

Comment

Originally posted by Speedbird View Post
      Good to see we`re not the only ones having foul weather!

One of this years last snow showers passing by:

A very magical image... almost to the point of surreal!... absolutely love the clouds and the light...
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Although I have noticed this thread in the listing I have never really studied it other than to gasp at Dane's lightening pictures. But now I have given it more time, and was it worth it - every second!
        Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
        Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

A HSC from Kystekspressen under stormy clouds above the Trondheimsfjord this past weekend:

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Won't you give this picture to Cecilia for her sky thread, if she did not take a better one that day???
            Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

I think she might have covered the day, she has an incredible talent.

Thank you for the comment Ralf!

Comment

Just came across these comments of Ralf and pakarang while catching up after being away.
                Ummmm, it looks as if I really could have done with pakarang’s wonderful image, for on that same day I woke to a misty dark morning (my “Day 302”) and there was little improvement or variation later. Much more dramatic skies the rest of that week though!

Thank you for the smile Ralf, and for another little – no make that a big – confidence boost pakarang. What would I do without you.

Comment

Strange thing is fog, it has a way of turning a place you know well into an alien landscape.
                  Today at 6am this started out as 30 yards (27m) visibility, then by 10am visibility was up to 300 yards (274m). This was the result of the peculiar light it cast, odd colours really.

Infamy, Infamy.... They've got it in for me! Said The Laughing Assassin.

Comment

indead a strainge thing,fog.
                    hate to drive in it,but on he other hand it has his charmes on landscape images.
                    best regards Thijs

Comment

Two shots from the storm today. Unfortunately we weren`t hit nearly as hard as the guys further north.

Between two hail showers, it was dry for about ten seconds before all he** broke loose again.
                      No too comfy photo weather but it sure made a strange light, very eery!

A few hours later, looking at the swell. I would guesstimate the height of the spray to be around 6-7 meters at least.

Walking in the shadow of the blues

Comment

Those are two great shots Speedbird.... my favorite is the first one.

The only thing I guess I can say is that I might have moved the sea-mark a little more to the left or to the right, as opposed to the middle of the frame.

The second one, the foam of the sea spray, looks a little pink on my screen.

The shots are really dynamic though, works very well in my eyes. .

Comment

This was just what you think it it is, a huge rain front approaching. Thankfully it skirted around us and we only got marginally wet, but having a over £1,000 of photographic equipment with me was challenging to keep it dry.
                          Oddly enough we stopped a little further on and watched a deluge come down near the coast, although there were heavy cloud formations all over we were pretty much rain free.
                          This is from a small inlet off the River Humber called Barrow Haven, a really idilic quiet place and very few people about.

Comment

Such light, such colour, such clouds….(see what I mean about Lincolnshire skies and that I should have gone there last year! ) Paul, that is so special.

Comment

Thank you Seagull! I'm not too sure about outside of the county, but here it's often referred to as Lincolnshire's Big Skies.
                              Even if I say so myself, a stay in Lincolnshire is worth the journey. The only problem many people have is finding the out of the way hidden places, they aren't well advertised and due to the tourist company of Visit Lincolnshire being closed due to the cuts there is officially no tourism center in the county. We find that rather sad because the county is largely forgotten and most people in the UK haven't heard of us. We are sparsley populated and very rural, but it means that we aren't overcrowded with tourists.

Comment

Just superb, Paul. I can't pick on any particular detail because the whole thing knits together so beautifully. Your skies certainly have a lot going for them, no matter what the weather. Down here in E. Anglia we are also famous for them and for the light they cast over the land and looking at your photos I keep telling myself that I really must explore the nooks and crannies of my own county more. Norfolk is a great holiday destination because of the Broads, as you'll know, and Gt. Yarmouth is a mecca for families with children, but Suffolk is very little known. It is not on the way to anywhere so people do not pass through so much except to skirt it on the way to "that other county." In a way that's a blessing because you are free to enjoy its heathlands, clifftops, winding lanes and old villages without the crowds.
                                Your pictures are a constant inspiration to me, Paul, to seek out the quiet delights in Suffolk.
                                Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                                Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Working...
                                X