No announcement yet.

Photo Assignment: Pictures from the nature

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great photos Svein - using the neutral density filters to make the long exposures work has been a huge success.
    Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

• Wonderful forest and waterfall - especially through ND filters. Really love the green of the forest, looks so moist and I can almost smell the freshness.

I have been really ... ehhh... lazy to use these filters myself, they've been sitting in my photobag way too long. Perhaps this is a kick in my nether regions to finally start using them again?
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
      Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
      Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

• Some pictures of the "artificial beach" in the middle of Aalesund, which manage to stay attractive from early spring to late autumn:

A flowering scrub that have taken on a "upside down cone shape":

Closeup of the flowers:

Another scrub used as hedge:

I believe this is black chokeberry, but would like to know if that is correct?

Comment

• Can anybody explain why these mushrooms have grown in a perfect arch at equidistance from a tree trunk??:

Comment

• I've read the reason for that somewhere, aeons ago. Isn't it something to do with the simple fact that starting, say, with a single fungus in the soil, of which the mushroom is the "fruit", that fungus spreads outwards, searching for food, and sending up mushrooms all round it as it grows. As it develops, year on year, and forming a sort of fibrous mat in the soil, so the mat produces more mushrooms around its edges, ad infinitum - or something.
            We call them fairy rings when they form a complete circle.
            PS. Just thought - maybe the fungus originated in the tree roots, and spread out from there, hence the arc rather than a circle..
            Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
            Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

• Isn't that white blossom shrub just gorgeous! Your close-up photo is beautiful.
              Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
              Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Working...
              X