Photo Assignment: Pictures from the nature

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nature has reclaimed a road divider in Aalesund:

Only moss and weeds, but quite decorative.

Comment

After over 23 years of living in Frei, a part of Kristiansund since 2008, I finally found a creek and a part of the Frei river I've had in the back of my mind for a while.
      Thought I'd try a longer shutter speed than I usually operate in, so I sat my Pentax K-5 II with an ISO of 100, mounted a ND8 filter, used an aperture of f/22 to f/32 and a shutter from 6 to 20 seconds. Ofcourse I used a tri-pod, mirror-up and a remote control. All shot through a Pentax 18-135 mm lense.

A fireplace in the camp near by
      SSL21914 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Beautiful waterfall, don't you think?
      SSL21915 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

I went a few steps closer, and put my tri-pod in the creek
      SSL21917 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Newer been to this place. I'm sure I will go back..., in different light and maybe in another time of year
      SSL21920 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

SSL21924 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

SSL21927 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

f/3.5 and 1/40 second just to show the area
      SSL21930 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

An excellent photographers vehicle this one ;-)
      SSL21933 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr
      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Great photos Svein - using the neutral density filters to make the long exposures work has been a huge success.
        Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Wonderful forest and waterfall - especially through ND filters. Really love the green of the forest, looks so moist and I can almost smell the freshness.

I have been really ... ehhh... lazy to use these filters myself, they've been sitting in my photobag way too long. Perhaps this is a kick in my nether regions to finally start using them again?
          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Some pictures of the "artificial beach" in the middle of Aalesund, which manage to stay attractive from early spring to late autumn:

A flowering scrub that have taken on a "upside down cone shape":

Closeup of the flowers:

Another scrub used as hedge:

I believe this is black chokeberry, but would like to know if that is correct?

Comment

Can anybody explain why these mushrooms have grown in a perfect arch at equidistance from a tree trunk??:

Comment

I've read the reason for that somewhere, aeons ago. Isn't it something to do with the simple fact that starting, say, with a single fungus in the soil, of which the mushroom is the "fruit", that fungus spreads outwards, searching for food, and sending up mushrooms all round it as it grows. As it develops, year on year, and forming a sort of fibrous mat in the soil, so the mat produces more mushrooms around its edges, ad infinitum - or something.
                We call them fairy rings when they form a complete circle.
                PS. Just thought - maybe the fungus originated in the tree roots, and spread out from there, hence the arc rather than a circle..
                Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Isn't that white blossom shrub just gorgeous! Your close-up photo is beautiful.
                  Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                  Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Yesterday I drove to Sweden, via road E14 Stjørdal, Meråker and over to Storlien.
                    On my way back, the sky opened up all its reservoars and poured rain over Trøndelag, but I had to stop between Meråker and Stjørdal to take a few pictures of a beautiful waterfall I saw there.
                    The waterfall is the river Meåa running downhill and into Stjørdalselva river.
                    I always bring my tri-pod and remote control for the Pentax, so these are taken with a grey filter N8 mounted, ISO100 and about f/22 on the aperture, giving around 3 seconds on the shutter

​​​​​​SSL27045 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​SSL27043 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr
                    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Nice compositions of the waterfalls... the water looks magical and smoky, and makes the image stand out.

Shooting the same motif with a "normal" shutter speed would not have done anything to make it stand out - great job, Sterkoder!
                      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Working...
                      X