Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Photo Assignement: Night time shots (night time: right time)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of those two first photos I prefer the second one by far. But then I don't care for the fashionable cotton-wool water. I like the glisten, the ripple or else the calm mirror of real water. That second one has a lovely expectancy about it, a journey about to begin. The water in the foreground sends a little shiver of anticipation down my spine, I can almost hear it lapping against the bank.
    Did you swim over to the other side to get that last one, Thijs???
    Oh, Ok, she turned.
    Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
    Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

• wherrygirl
      wherrygirl commented
      Editing a comment
      Note: my post above was in reply to those of Thijs at #178 et seq. I took too long in posting!

A few night shots from Singapore:

This is where the F1 circuit cuts in front of the Grand Stand at the Floating Stage:

Helix bridge & MBS:

Urban jungle:

All from a short walk from the Esplanade to Marina Bay Sands Resort last night.

Comment

The enlightened palm trees are impressing. This is a good idea! The rest is a bit too much (think about energy consumption). But i understand that they are very proud of their numerous new buildings.
      Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

• ombugge
        ombugge commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm not sure if he palm trees are "enlightened" but they are certainly well lite.

One of the reason why there are so much lights in buildings seen here might be because Singapore is a trading centre and there are a lot of traders working on European (-7 or 8 hrs.) or on US times (- 12 hrs.) shedules.

There are also a lot of residential flats in the downtown area. It is part of the plan to have mixed usage to avoid a "dead" downtown, like in many other major cities.

• Ralf__
        Ralf__ commented
        Editing a comment
        "enlightened": I should check the dictionary from time to time before typing... "illuminated" was the word i was trying to express.

A couple of night-time, well twilight / blue hour, shots from beautiful Maastricht.

Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

with a waning?? number of members,a lot of threads don't get new posts,pity
        ​here a few to pull this thread up.
        didn't take the tripot with me that night,we went for the ''ovation of the seas'' but she sails to late.

''stena brittannia'' at the stena line terminal

Hoek of holland and the stena terminal

best regards Thijs

Comment

• PoloUK
          PoloUK commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep - we generally choose the day boat in both directions now - tends to be a little quieter, and the restaurant is in full swing - as well as the cafeteria. During the day the cabins are much cheaper too, so you can have a little luxury as the North Sea slips past.

• janihudi
          janihudi commented
          Editing a comment
          the day boat is diffecult when you arrive there its late,by the time we should be at the B&B it was night.
          but we sleep wel on board.but a early wake up call in Harwich.

• PoloUK
          PoloUK commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, understand that. We live about 3 1/2 hours from Harwich, so it works well for us.

Glad to see this thread again.
        I don't know which of the two photos above I like best. The first - a relative close-up - is attractive with the pattern of different shapes along its length and that delightful cut-out silhouette towards the stern, illuminated from behind. More light fills the bottom part of the photo from the reflections in the water. You wonder - has it just discharged its passengers or is it firing up ready for the night trip?
        Yet the second image has such an end-of-day air of stillness about it, with the faintest vestige of light left in the sky, echoed by the even fainter glimmer of foliage on the near bank.
        Maybe that second one wins, for me!
        Let's hope that a few others will be spurred on to add their night shots.
        Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
        Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Strömstad, Sweden, 2032 a couple of weeks ago, 11th April 2016.

Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

• Tommi
            Tommi commented
            Editing a comment
            Looks atmospheric!

• PoloUK
            PoloUK commented
            Editing a comment
            Indeed - nice place. That's taken from the balcony of our hotel room.
        Working...
        X