X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TNAalesund
    started a topic Photo Assignment: Gallery of sunrises and sunsets

Photo Assignment: Gallery of sunrises and sunsets

I think this thread shold be continued from the old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=327

Sunset behind the alps of sunnmøre with Borgundfjorden in front.

Last edited by TNAalesund; December 17th, 2008, 10:14.

• pakarang
    replied
    Such a beautiful sunset in Ålesund, and here in Trondheim as well.

These warmer and much brighter days are welcome to many in this country, me included. Everything appears to come to life, and there is suddenly a totally different energy coming out. Ahhh... spring time!

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    This is taken from Aalesund Havn webcam at Gjosundet spooling base a bit later:

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    Sunset in Aalesund this evening as seen from Skansekaia at 2023 hrs.:

And as seen from Inner Harbour at 2028 hrs.:

Leave a comment:

• wherrygirl
    replied
    I mainly look to a image, not if everything is in perspective.
    I agree entirely, it's just that the perspective element came up so readily in this particular photo.
    Maybe i have to look different to a image.
    No, Thijs, please don't start doing that. It is the "look to a image" attitude that produces the pleasure to be found in your photos. You always seek balance in what is to be seen, and surely that's the most important thing? It depends on your reason for taking the photo, doesn't it? If it's ship-spotting, then yes, you don't want other objects distracting from the vessel, whereas for composing a picture of a scene then your sense of balance sorts out the many objects.

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    Wel different people , different thoughts.

I mainly look to a image, not if everything is in perspective.

Maybe i have to look different to a image.
    Since a member here, i try to avoid disturbing objects.
    Like shipspotting at tye coast, always try to make an image without the mushrooms, the radarpost, other vessels around "my" vessel.
    With the truck avoid taken a light post in the background.
    So i try to get things away from my objects,and in this case the lights, the trees,the road, but there issn't always the possabelity to avoid it.
    I vanished already a lot of bugs corps from the screen.
    Before i was a member here and in the beginnig fase ,so from the camera on cvf

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks ladies.

Want i wanted to express about the road in the centre, was it's so massive eye catching line though not in the middle , but as a headline so the middlepiint of the image.
    Also i hated it that the car came over the dyke, for me another disturbing object.

The 2/3 line i try to hold on, but i only watch it for horizontal lines, not the vertical lines.

Well they make it easier for me to make images like that.
    I only have to steer.
    The distance radar on the cruise controle keeps the distance to the car in front.
    When that one breaks, the merc will too.
    When ot accelerate again ,the merc will too.
    All the time i can keep my feet on the dashboard.

• wherrygirl
    replied
    No particular reason why, but I suddenly remembered an image of Ombugge's that I saw ages ago but did not comment on. I've searched back and it is at #998.5 amongst a group of sunrise/sunset pics. that he was showing. This one showed a plume of snow blowing off the crest of "his" mountain - Sula. Amazing.
    When I look at Ombugge's photos of the mountains as seen from his veranda I try to imagine what it must be like to live amongst them and see them all around. My first taste of Norway (the second and last was the Kong Olav trip) was at a little pension on the Sognefjord. The house was right on the edge of the fjord and as the host showed me to my room I just gasped - it seemed as if I could leap from my window straight down into that deep, dark blue water. I never failed to stand and stare in delight each time I entered my room. Mind you, being woken each night at about 3 a.m. by the crash-clank of the ferry chains as it docked a bit further along, was not so delightful !
    I was partially crippled - fortunately only during a period of about 2 years - at that time, but was determined to do that holiday. Walking was not so easy, but I explored locally and did some great trips.
    Although a Londoner born and bred, there is something in me that longs to look up at hills and mountains, which seem to engender in me a real sense of being part of the land, a living landscape in which I am a small pebble (getting a bit moss-coivered now). but still a part of it all. East Anglia is known for its light - the great wide skies shine with it. Yes, I love that, too. But the land it gleams over, despite the brecks, the broads, the heaths, somehow is not the same for me.
    Bungay is, I suppose, a pleasant little market town, but inside me I have never belonged to it, despite living here over 50 years. On holidays down in the west country, as I drove off the M4 and south on to the M5 I would take a deep breath of satisfaction - of peace, relaxation. The Devonshire blood in me stirred and leapt into life.
    But I usad to feel almost the same when I was living in the New Forest for a few years. Leaving Waterloo station and heading away from London to my forest village, that same deep breath of relief would come.
    OK, I'm never satisfied.

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    commented on 's reply
    Thijs ... Ivy has expressed exactly what I was thinking makes your photo so very special ...especially those headlights . As she says, you have a natural sense of balance and flair. So just believe us ladies and don't be modest!

• wherrygirl
    replied

I want to make a image of a mill silhuette, to sad of the trees around it.
    Also the roatd can be disturbing, so central.
    Ah no, Thijs - the delicate tracery of the trees around the mill offsets its solid bulk and the firm, straight lines of the sails above. Anyone can take a photo of a mill standing silhouetted against the sky but this is different. It emphasises contrast between man-made.and natural. You stop to admire,. not just thinking "Oh yes, a mill" and then walking on.
    And the road is offset to one side, not dead centre, and what I like particularly about this picture is the glimmering point of the approaching vehicle headlamp right at what is called the vanishing point of perspective. It is not intrusive, but it is just there, drawing the eye. Perhaps unconsciously, you are using the two-thirds rule, with the vanishing point (which you emphasise with the straight road), two-thirds of the way top to bottom and left to right in the picture. This is a rule made to be broken, I strongly believe, but here it is very satisfactory.
    You have a natural sense of balance in your photos, even if taken while speeding along roads with a coffee in one hand, phone in the other and feet up on the table.

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Cecilia

I want to make a image of a mill silhuette, too sad of the trees around it.
    Also the road can be disturbing, so central.
    Nice point of it that the road goes up to the dyke, so also up to the sky
    Last edited by janihudi; March 12th, 2019, 17:05.

• Seagull
    commented on 's reply
    Thijs! I truly think this is one of the very best images you have ever taken.
    Absolutely my favourite in the landscape/skyscape category anyway, with your "Happy feet" unusual view in the seagull category
    Not quite decided on my favourite cat or favourite ship yet

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    the nice thing of taking images with a smartphone , you don't have to look through it to see what you're looking at

• pakarang
    replied
    That is so beautiful, Thijs! Love it.... so very Dutch! Safe driving always!

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    almost home

Leave a comment:

Working...
X