No announcement yet.

Photo Assignment: Gallery of sunrises and sunsets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stavneset lighthouse west of Kristiansund in a beautiful sunset some 15-16 years ago
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
      Stavneset lighthouse west of Kristiansund in a beautiful sunset some 15-16 years ago
      Beautiful indeed.... and, I'm a bit ashamed to say that I haven't been out to that lighthouse (yet).
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

If you want to go there, you must drive to Averøy and out towards Sveggen..., I belive. Have never been at the lighthouse myself.
        In building and geography, Stavneset is in a way Kristiansunds Agdenes...., at least if you look at the map....

Comment

Looking at those sunsets, my Captain, gave me an interesting idea for an new 365...imagine taking the same general shot of the sky every day...not necessarily the same time, just the same approximate angles.....might be really cool.........

Comment

Well, that sort of thought had indeed crossed my mind as my ”seagull-kind of 365” /clouds/sky thing evolved, but I didn’t think about it for long because it would mean I couldn’t get away from here for a whole year!

Comment

Originally posted by ehp View Post
              Looking at those sunsets, my Captain, gave me an interesting idea for an new 365...imagine taking the same general shot of the sky every day...not necessarily the same time, just the same approximate angles.....might be really cool.........
              Mr. Photoman did that in a previous thread... one image at the same time each month for a full year.

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                Mr. Photoman did that in a previous thread... one image at the same time each month for a full year.
                I can't remember what's on this forum and the old one anymore
                This "One place, One date, One time & One year" project only lastet for 8 months. When January came it was raining sideways into my lens, so then I dropped it. I could remove it one day and do it the day after, but after my opinion the whole thing would loose it's value if it's nok taken that exact day and time, but I will find another location(s) in January and start over again, but if it will be the same dates I do not know, but I will do it the same time every time I go there and 2-3 times a month and have a location where the rain can't touch me

Well back to topic!
                Last winter I had my self a big phototrip in Oslo and the surrounding areas and made a lot of sunsets, night shots and winterland, but the nightmare became reality. I had it all on my lao-top for like 3-4 days and uploades some pic's on Facebook and Origo when I was on the trip, but when I came back home I turned on the lap-top to make some back-up of all the new pic's and it was black and blinked error
                I took the machine to the store to have them to take a look at it and the contend on the disk could not be saved. It was possible to send it in to experts to let them save the content on the disk, but that costs from 5000-6000 NOK (about $1000) so that was also out of the question. I could make 2-4 more trips like that for the same amount of money, but now today I gost my self a new laptop and a travellers external disk and 4x8 GB & 2x2 GB memorycards, so I think I won't loose anything in the future
                I still got the old lap-top incase I meet sombody that knows how to do an expencive recovery

But here are the sunsets I lost (These are on Facebook)
                These are from the Cilor Line ferry "Bohus"

Stena Saga in the sunset (from Origo)
                View more photo's at my Flickr photostream blog

Comment

Such fantastic photos! So much of the magic is kept in the image... it's like I can feel the atmosphere of the time.

Found your fantastic thread at our old home (the archive).

One place, one date, one time & one year

Comment

Why aren't there more words to describe images in the english vocabulary....!
                    Well, Mr. photoman....., let me just use the one I regard as the top then: Fantastic...., marvelous and beautiful...!!!

Comment

Kristiansund this Sunday afternoon.

The harbour with Sørsundet Bridge. The new Thon Hotel can be seen almost in the middle there...., just off to the left of Sørsundet

Vestbase Oilfield Service Base in sunset

Comment

You had a way more beautiful sunset today than us up in Trondheim.

Comment

Thanks a lot all of you
                          There was much better sunset in Kristiansund than here also, was not much clouds to colour here
                          View more photo's at my Flickr photostream blog

Comment

I hate to include my "thank you" for both in the same post since each deserve proper thanks but... Thank you Photoman and Sterkoder for those amazing photographs.

Comment

Yesterday was a very clear day in Singapore, with max. temperature of 36 C, but relative humidity of only 21%, both of which is unusual. (Both read at my Veranda, not official figures)

The sunset also became quite spectacular, if short lived as usual near Equator:

Comment

Beautiful evening at Ranheim recently:

Comment

Working...
                                X