Photo Assignment: Gallery of sunrises and sunsets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the changing sunsets from my kitchen window

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

• Kiki, do you ever get anything done in the evening if you have such glorious sunset views from your kitchen window?
      Looking back through the last few pages of sunset images by Yves, Tommi, Ombugge, Thijs and yourself it is sometimes breathtaking to see the beauty portrayed there. Thank you all for posting them.
      Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

• pilotdane
        pilotdane commented
        Editing a comment
        Something tells me it is nice living on Jersey.

I bet the storms during winter could test your nerves though.

• kiki42
        kiki42 commented
        Editing a comment
        I do spend a lot of time looking out of my kitchen window, the sky is beautiful day and night. Our weather has been great for over two months now,, badly need some rain.. My daughter was here for a week and we had a nice trip to herm , photos on CV . I did a daytime photo from my kitchen window of plane contrails . in Sky photos ....I am pleased you enjoy photos,, my little camera does well ...

• Yet another one:

Comment

• Umm-mmmm - clever with those lens reflections. very effective.
        Ivy

Comment

• Post /sunset number 888 is just so beautiful! Can almost feel the summer mood in the image!
          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
          Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
          Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

• Tonight at 8.30 pm lovely mixture of colours , this time from my front window

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

• Strange how the sun has caught the lower, dark clouds yet those higher up have barely a tinge of colour.
              Ivy

Comment

• kiki42
                kiki42 commented
                Editing a comment
                hi Ivy, My front window faces south over St Aubins Bay, the kitchen window faces north , I spend hours looking out from both windows. Pity the building are in the way. the moon was fantastic a few nights ago, should have gone out to take a photo, it was big and bright .

• Some sunsets from Singapore this last month or so.
              24. July, 2014 at 1905 hrs.:

01. Aug.2014 at 1917 hrs.:

Comment

• 19. Aug. 2014 at 1855 hrs.:

The other direction:

Comment

• 27. Aug. 2014 at 1900 hrs.:

Same day; Flaring at Jurong Island at 2017 hrs.:

Low light makes this a bit grainy. They do this at times, but it is infrequent and the glow is not constant.

Comment

• 28. Aug. 2014 at 1912 hrs.:

Comment

• It's really annoying when you upload something to Photobucket after their last update, the latest uploads are all spread out over the album!

Anyway, here are four sunset images taken from my place of work in June this year - and which I hope some of you may enjoy!

With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                      Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                      Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

• No matter how many images of sunsets or sunrises one sees, there is always something to exclaim over when seeing new ones, like those above from Ombugge and Jan Olav.
                        Ivy

Comment

• Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                          ....Anyway, here are four sunset images taken from my place of work in June this year - and which I hope some of you may enjoy!....
                          I'm glad you took the extra trouble involved in looking these out, Jan-Olav, and, as well as the splendour of those dramatic sun rays, thank you especially for including that last image (which of course I remember from your CaptainsPixel). It stopped me in my tracks as I scrolled down and saw it once more. It stuck me again as being specially skillful to have captured the subtle rays of light against the dark hills from that bright band between the clouds. Most of all I realise I love the mood of a moment of calm and contemplation, and the colour purple.

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
                          Some sunsets from Singapore this last month or so....
                          I enjoyed this collection ombugge - so much to see in them, and the unusual glow from Jurong too.
                          The day and month of one struck a personal chord with me, for it was then at sunset very many decades ago that I began to set a different course in my life, and I have taken some quiet time to watch the sun set on that date every year since then. A sort of personal New Years Eve.

Comment

• SUNSET ON SKYE, car hire journey around the Island .

Comment

Working...
                            X