No announcement yet.

Photo Assignment: Gallery of sunrises and sunsets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Captain RJ: I love the sky and clouds! The colors are incredible.

Thank you.

Comment

Thanks Captain! Most appreciated!

Dane, your welcome, glad you like that one!

Here is one more, also from my first REGAL EMPRESS voyage.

Its a variation of the one that appears on my tribute site, classicliners.net

Last edited by Captain RJ; September 12th, 2009, 21:46. Reason: error

Comment

Almost the perfect view when sailing on a perfect veteran liner!

This is now almost a historical photo, a scene which is more and more difficult to experience.
        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Those words ring loud and true Captain. Thanks for pointing that out as I didnt think of that. She bought so many vacationaries joy and an escape from the reality of the lives.

She will be just a memory soon.

I'm assuming that you saw the latest image of the ship from the beach of doom?

Here is the one that appears on the site. (Note the pilot boat pulling away)

Last edited by Captain RJ; September 13th, 2009, 15:38. Reason: add photo

Comment

Great images... I love the last one with the pilot boat in particular.

Having experienced similar departures such as this from the Norway, I can very much relate to the atmosphere at which the image was taken.

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Here is the sun setting at a little place called Knaith.

Infamy, Infamy.... They've got it in for me! Said The Laughing Assassin.

Comment

And my last shot of the day, my home towns sunset.

Comment

I took these these very late this afternoon. I'm trying out this onboard camera guide thingy, so far it does look okay.

This is a different view from the bottom of the hill where Svein Forkbeard was clobbered.

Comment

The sky and clouds above my home were on fire at 4:18 PM this afternoon
                    (And at 4:20 PM it was all over. That tells me; when ever you got the opportunity, use your camera!).

"IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

I took this very late yesterday afternoon, very strange blackness with a stark golden colour.

Comment

Very dramatic sky especially with the black trees.

Comment

Two images from the evening sky on November 2nd:

Comment

On the day after, on November 3rd, the sky changed very fast:

...and finally:

Comment

These are absolutely wonderful and inspiring images from you all. But not surprisingly also just a tiny bit intimidating for me when I remember what I’ve let myself in for starting in a couple of weeks time!
                              But of course it will be different and sometimes a bit more scientific “having” to record a daily photo rather than just grabbing the camera when the sky is special. I shall for sure have much to learn about camera settings in these sorts of situations.
                              Most of all I will be delighted if I have, maybe even already, made you all a little more cloud conscious!

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
                                But of course it will be different and sometimes a bit more scientific “having” to record a daily photo rather than just grabbing the camera when the sky is special. I shall for sure have much to learn about camera settings in these sorts of situations.
                                Makes me think of the first day when you have just bought a new and maybe better camera...: we all dream of the images we are going to take with this camera.

The most important thing though, that many do forget, is that images don't come by themselves. When you have a camera, like I do feel sometimes: I have a commitment to not leave it behind when I go out. You never know when a motif will show up, and each time I leave my apartment, the camera is as important as the shoes I wear on my feet!

Looking forward to the start of your project Lady C and hope we can share many great photographic moments in the time to come!

Comment

Working...
                                X