Photo Assignment: Gallery of sunrises and sunsets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These pictures were taken by one of my sons back in Aug. 2012:

From a ferry crossing from Vestnes to Molde.

Comment

• More sunsets from the usual venue in Singapore. (Some including the Monster plant)

10. Jan. 2014:

11. Jan. 2014:

Flying Saucer??:

Comment

• taken at the 2th Maasvlakte.

best regards Thijs

Comment

• Found this picture on smp.no today:

The sun is at the back of the photographer, Knut Synnes.

Here is the article with the explanation: http://www.smp.no/nyheter/article9163855.ece

Comment

• Sunset at Jurong Port, Singapore a few days ago:

Comment

• What an interesting set of contrasts between Thijs and Ombugge here. Contrasts yet having a unifying element - sunset. Two photos silhouetting cranes and those skeleton towers (I don't know what they are) against soft sunset scenes.
              Thijs, could we go to Maasvlakte (1 or 2) when I'm over in May?
              Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
              Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

• those are the legs of the drilling/production rigs Ivy.
                yes we can go to the maasvlakte and also take a trip over the newly bild maasvlakte 2,and also from there a port tour with the vessel.
                i have some ideas for that week to go,but i don't know yet what Rals want to show Regina.
                because they are just 1 full day here.
                best regards Thijs

Comment

• Thanks, Thijs, for the rigs and also about the Maasvlakte. That will be excellent and I look forward to it, plus whatever else you are conjuring up!
                  Ivy

Comment

• From a trip my daughter and I made to Averøy, the Kvaernes stavechurch and Atlantic Road...., let me present to you a few sunset pictures from this Tuesday evening.

From a bus stop at a place called Rødsand at Averøy, we had free and unabstructed sight west towards Stemshesten mountain near Farstad and Bud
                    (If you look closely, you'll see a contrail in the upper left corner. That's a Boeing 737 on its way from Tromsø to London)

Same view just at a wider angle

Then we drove past Bremsnes on the new road to Kristiansund. We stopped at a resting place, where the Norwegians might remember the info sign erected by the Ylvis brothers (known from tv).
                    A fantastic view west down the ship lane from here

The sign and binoculars donated by the Ylvis brothers to the Averøy community
                    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

• Winter - and a very cold - sunset by the church where my dear late mother is resting:

And this one, taken by the MARØY bridge not far from RØRVIK:

With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                      Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                      Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

• carinahansen
                        carinahansen commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Lovely! Just lovely..

• No snow, but we have had a bit of haze the last few days, which makes the sun look like a red ball until it dips below the horizon:

Or behind trees in this case:

Comment

• This picture was taken from the same spot, but two days later:

You can see that the sun has moved further to the West before setting, as it is approaching Equator on it's way North. (Heading your way)
                        In a couple of weeks we will have the sun in Zenith at Noon and directly West at sunset. (Abt. 4 days after Equinox)

Comment

• Apart from a remark about a group of sunsets by Ombugge and Thijs a little way back, I've fallen behind with this thread. Going right back to #843. 3 and 4 sunrises, #846 sunset, that great composition in #849.1 (the buses), #851 with its blue sunrises, Sterkie's pond mirror - so many great images. Those by Ombugge's son at #856 with the strange, solid-looking "pillar" of red make you look twice, and Jan-Olav's cool, so calm image at #865.1 seems as if from another world, somehow. And by the way, Ombugge, I am reconciled to the monster plant and have decided it might even be friendly. Oh, and on my computer that sun in #866 looks like a golden ball , but what a sky - just one big flame, gorgeous.
                          Ivy

Comment

• Sunset as seen from Batu Ampar Anchorage off Batam, Indonesia today:

Comment

• Nothing beats a tropical sunset..... !
                              With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                              Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                              Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                              Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Working...
                              X