No announcement yet.

Photo Assignment: Gallery of sunrises and sunsets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very, very beautiful, Sigve. It makes you feel you could almost reach up and touch it.
    Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
    Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

More sunsets from Singapore from the same position as so many before.
      Early sunset on 22. Oct. 2013 was fairly colourless:

It's getting better:

And then the end is near:

Clouds moved in and the sun just faded away.

Comment

Sunset in Singapore 14. Nov. 2013:

19. Nov. 2013:

Comment

20. Nov. 2013

Comment

Super sunset series, of the 'same place' kind which I enjoy so much, and showing both dramatic and subtle skies. I also like #829/2 for the architecture of the building with the tall windows ...and the 'birds perching on aerials' motif!

Comment

Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
              Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

wow,great image whit those silloets
                best regards Thijs

Comment

Dramatic colours, yet this is a tranquil scene and your special way with silhouettes emphasizes that.

Comment

Sunrise as seen from a familiar venue in the not too early morning (0940 hrs.) today:

Mid-day (1325 hrs.):

Sunset (1520 hrs.):

Comment

Ah, back in Ålesund and some really super views. I seem to be in a mood today for trying to express what I like about photos, so I can't help mentioning the mid-day one with the line and colour of the buses continued in a diagonal line in the clouds on the top right. My favourite - the last one at 1520hrs. Wonderful clouds and colour, and the light on the car roofs echoing shapes of cloud and hills. Love it.

Just thinking it wasn't much lighter than that here in Edinburgh at that time, even allowing for the hour difference! Now it is getting really windy and pouring with rain.

Comment

• ombugge
                        ombugge commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yes I'm in Aalesund, where it is +10C and dry (at the moment).

Today's sunrise in Aalesund.

0853 hrs:

0924 hrs:

0931 hrs:

Comment

Sunset in Aalesund this X-mas eve, with a balmy 10C, strong wind and rain:

A few minutes later the rain eases and the light changed:

It changed again a few minute later:

And again:

The blue hour approaching:

I missed the blue hour on that day, but this is from the day before:

Comment

In Aalesund we are between storm centers. Here is sunrise at 0924 hrs this morning:

Comment

Looks like a picture from Australia and a forest fire?:

A few minutes later the pink was fading. This is 0931 hrs.:

With a bit of colour near the top of Sula mountain across the fjord:

By 1046 hrs. we had as much daylight as there is at this time of the year:

Comment

By 1500 hrs. the day is over and darkness is soon returning:

Yet, the days are already noticeably longer than just a week ago. In a few months it will be all daylight and no night.

Comment

Working...
                              X