Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, more street light with the sunset:

Comment

• Dear ombugge - I had seen, admired, but hadn't got round to mentioning the beautiful sunsets in #808. This is unfortunate as now I am reinforced in that bad habit of thinking that if one puts off doing something for long enough it may no longer be necessary to do it at all! But YES! it’s official! – the so-called CVF Official Photographer’s favourite Singapore Sunset is #810.

PS #1 …that CVF rank is looking a bit inappropriate amid all the photo-talent around here these days …but all Captain has come up with recently is Queen of Hotel Photography.
      PS#2 …Singapore Sunset sounds like a ****tail – perhaps it will become an official CVF ****tail and take over from the Sling at Raffles!
      PS #3 …keep the pics coming ombugge. Oh …there’'s a new page - I see you already have!

Comment

• Sunset in Edinburg July 1982.Maybe we can see Hollyrood hill in the foreground,Iam not sure.

Comment

• With the encouragement received lately, here is more Singapore sunsets.
          Not as colourful as #808, but the cloud formations was what got me to shoot these:

And one from another venue then normal:

Comment

• Yves, your sun at #813 is most fearsome-looking, an end-of-the-world type sun!
            Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
            Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

• Originally posted by ombugge View Post

WHO??? Me?? No, that palm tree just keep on popping up an try to block the sunsets:
              There you see, It's standing on tiptoe.
              OK,OK, I give in. I am learning to love the palm tree! (Might as well get used to it, I suppose!)
              Ombugge, your photo at #814.1 exhibits such a contrast, doesn't it? The solid darkness of the clouds below topped by the calm light sky above with, as you say, a delightfully coloured cloud formation. And #814.3 is really dramatic - a striking edge to that cloud.
              The picture following amused me, it looks as if the tip of the crane is trying to push itself right into the heart of the colour!

By the way, I may not be the third Official CVF Photographer, but behind all Ombugge's pictures of ships and rigs and harbours and HLC's (and various etceteras) I spied the potential that he could not keep hidden. Now, at last, he's letting it show. Good on yer!
              Ivy

Comment

• i love your 814-3 Ombugge,a great image
                best regards Thijs

Comment

• More Singapore sunsets. This from 16. Oct. 2013:

Comment

• A couple of late autumn sunsets:

Sauna's ready!

The next evening wasn't too bad either.

And a sunrise.

Comment

• I’m full of admiration of your recent photos Tommi, in particular the totally contrasting sunset and sunrise –those intense reds and yellow colours of #819/1 and the hazy subtlety of #819/4

Comment

• Tommi
                        Tommi commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Personally I'm quite faschinated of the appearence of the sun in #819/4: reflected in the water, diffusied in the sky.

• yvneac
                        yvneac commented
                        Editing a comment
                        WOW.This #819/4.A dreaming atmosphere!

• It's hard compete with the colours and quality of Tommi's pictures above.

The last week we have not had any sunsets worth taking pictures of. It has just gone from dull gray to dark in a seamless process.
                      Here is the nearest to it, taken 25. Oct.:

The nearest to a colourful sunset is this one:

But it is taken well after dark. The cloude is actually coloured by flaring at one or more of the refineries or Petrochemical plants at Jurong Island..
                      Low level flaring is normal, but this strong effect is unusual.

Comment

• #821.3 has quite a remarkable sweep of sunset colour with that cloud formation. And your refinery glare is great. When living in Beaulieu, Hants., I could sometimes see the glare from the Fawley refinery over at Southampton, and on walking to the hill top there was a better view.
                        Ivy

Comment

• At Kattegatt onboard "Gann"

P1140498 by The Sea-Otter, on Flickr

A place for anything related to the Norwegian Coastal Voyage (Hurtigruten): the ships and the history shared with other members.

Comment

• Tommi
                            Tommi commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Hmm Hmm Hmm,
                            nothing you could do about the boring cloud formations, but I know _that_ feeling looking at the horizon and the sunset - magnificient.

• Not exactly a sunrise, but a moonrise, the full moon as I saw it this afternoon.

Regards; Sigve.
                          ---
                          IF I WIN IN LOTTO, I COULD GO EVERYWHERE. WITH FRAM....

Comment

• WOW.Very impressive view.

Comment

Working...
                            X