Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best regards Thijs

Comment

• This image can find its home in several threads. But I post it here. And I have to admit tha I was very much inspired of Seagull`s magic "sky-scape-projects" when I shot this. And it shows sun-set and weather-changes at Landegode outside Bodø

Comment

• Seagull
        Seagull commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh Martin I'm so proud to have been some small influence in the magnificent photos you've been taking recently.

• PoloUK
        PoloUK commented
        Editing a comment
        Absolutely beautiful. Fantastic photography.

• yvneac
        yvneac commented
        Editing a comment
        Great picture Martin.An Impressionnist composition.

• Thought this photo by Paul taken on Wednesday 4th September would go great in this thread.

This is the last sunset he ever photographed and it was fittingly taken here in his beloved Gainsborough.
      Tess

We are all time travellers moving at the speed of exactly 60 minutes per hour...

Comment

• I'm puzzled by your #796.1, Thijs. Where's the HC? You are in the middle of the road - (again! ) but no headlight beams are visible. That line of mist in the next photo looks almost solid, doesn't it?
        Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
        Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

• janihudi
          janihudi commented
          Editing a comment
          no,i'm not on the middle of the road,but when you overthere sitting on the wrong site of the car,it looks for you OVERTHERE that i'm on the middle of the road.
          i'm driving here on the A15 highway,between highway crossingpoint Deil (crossing of the A2 (utrecht -s'Hertogenbosch) with the A15 (rotterdam -Nijmegen) and the city of Tiel..that you don't see headlight beams is,it was pretty light already and i had the foglights on ,as Always.
          but it stays a little at the rightside of the gighway as you can see.have some more of that morning taken.
          speed 80 km,so boring,then you wil look for something to do,like photografing.

• Tess, an incredible image. Paul showed us so many very beautiful sunsets, some of them looking across his beloved Trent. Thank you for this one, particularly.
        Ivy

Comment

• a beautiful image of Paul,he spioled us with many sunset/sunrises.
          even now we can enjoy his beautiful images.
          best regards Thijs

Comment

• Nice picture and very stirring

Comment

• Tess, that is an amazing image. Paul certainly captured something special with that one. It is one of those photos where the more you look the more you see. To me, there is something 'cosmic' about it, the clouds around the sun almost look like they are part of a giant gas cloud in space, slowly being drawn into the heart of a star.

A truly amazing image by Paul, another to add to the wonderful collection of Paul's work we have here on this forum. Thank you so much for sharing it with us. A very special image indeed.
              Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

• As I go through Paul's photo's I am sure I will find a lot that he hadn't yet published that I can share if I find an appropriate place to do so, Thijs.

Lol - Steve .. I hadn't seen the 'cosmic' aspect of this photo, but now I see it. Me I saw the beautifully burning red sky contrasted by the blackness of the trees in the foreground.
                Tess

We are all time travellers moving at the speed of exactly 60 minutes per hour...

Comment

• Originally posted by firefox View Post
                  Me I saw the beautifully burning red sky contrasted by the blackness of the trees in the foreground.
                  Lol, I am the worst when it comes to spotting the different aspects that go together to make a wonderful image, i leave all that sort of talk to the photographers, all i know is that they look good! Plus of course i do tend to spot the more unusual aspects in some of them.
                  Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

• firefox
                    firefox commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I wish I was a photographer ... except for dabbling in black & white photography/developing when I was in my 20's (onks years ago I'm afraid and back in the days when digital photography didn't exist), I mostly take a few photo's with my phone camera for fun...

• Paul’s sunset photograph is truly extraordinary, and I found it incredibly moving.

(…and Tess, never forget we all very much enjoy the simplest of “fun” photos on the forum too )

Comment

• Great photos further up on this page now... and that one in post 798 is incredibly moving and touching, and also knowing and understanding it is perhaps a dear friend's last one.
                    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                    Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                    Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

• Sunset in Singapore 02. Oct. 2013:

And 04. Oct. 2013:

Comment

• Strange how those two street lights absolutely make that first photo, completing its balance. They are prominent in their own way, pinpointing their presence with a different, cooler light and also linking the inky dark of the foreground silhouette with the richness of the sunset colours, but they in no way detract from the latter.
                        And that second photo...... that plant again, I just know he does it on purpose. What's that song from My Fair Lady "I've grown accustomed to her face....." Well I'm growing accustomed to its fronds! That said, it is a beautiful scene, Ombugge, and I like the delicacy of the cranes rising from the dark foreground against the strong sky colours. Great photos.
                        Ivy

Comment

• Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
                          And that second photo...... that plant again, I just know he does it on purpose.
                          WHO??? Me?? No, that palm tree just keep on popping up an try to block the sunsets:

There you see, It's standing on tiptoe.

Comment

Working...
                          X