Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Photo Assignment: Gallery of sunrises and sunsets

Originally posted by PoloUK View Post
    I don't understand. I sit on the side in the middle of the road!
    yes ,but when you're over here,as from which point image is taken,you're sitting/driving at the roadside,and not in the middle,or do you have 2 cars,one for the uk and 1 for the rest of europe with the steering wheel on the left.

Originally posted by PoloUK View Post
    I do get the point about the improved perspective from sitting higher up. Every time we buy a new car (which isn't very often) we choose one that's a little higher than the previous one - makes driving more comfortable and the view better - but we still look up to you and your colleagues.

oke our Lady Ivy isn't big,but it gifs you an idea how high i'm sitting, but i'm about a head bigger that Ivy and i'm 1,74 centimeter long.sorry Ivy no image of me,infront of the truck.
    and in the new actros the floor is even higher above the ground,i believe 1,68cm.
    best regards Thijs

Comment

very stunning sunsets Dane,and over such a wide angle.

Originally posted by pilotdane View Post
      I do wonder if Thijs' truck could fit on those narrow winding roads?
      as long the roads are 2,50 meters wide,it issn't any problem.
      best regards Thijs

Comment

for the anxious members,i was standing stil now,came from the parkingplace in Giessen,and specially stoped for those images.

best regards Thijs

Comment

I like the mist over the fields. We get it sometimes in the spring and it always has a magical feel.

Comment

A couple of weeks ago - a nice evening.

Comment

Sunrise in Singapore Strait a few days ago:

Sunset at Batam:

Comment

#791/2 is wonderful, combined with a less industrial foreground it would be a wallpaper motif.
                Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Originally posted by Tommi View Post

A couple of weeks ago - a nice evening.
                  That is just amazing for a shot! The atmosphere is chilling and so perfect - you really nailed the framing here!
                  With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                  Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Sunsets in Singapore lately.

03. Sept, 2013:

07. Sept. 2013:

Comment

I love Ombugge's #791.3 and tell you why. The precise placement of the boat at right angles to the level horizon, plus the similar shape and size of the sun's reflection next to it and the fan shape of the radiating clouds, all these geometrical aspects contrast so well with the simple background beauty of the sunset scene.
                      #794.2 Oh lor, it's that plant again.
                      Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

best regards Thijs

Comment

This image can find its home in several threads. But I post it here. And I have to admit tha I was very much inspired of Seagull`s magic "sky-scape-projects" when I shot this. And it shows sun-set and weather-changes at Landegode outside Bodø

Comment

• Seagull
                            Seagull commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Oh Martin I'm so proud to have been some small influence in the magnificent photos you've been taking recently.

• PoloUK
                            PoloUK commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Absolutely beautiful. Fantastic photography.

• yvneac
                            yvneac commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Great picture Martin.An Impressionnist composition.

Thought this photo by Paul taken on Wednesday 4th September would go great in this thread.

This is the last sunset he ever photographed and it was fittingly taken here in his beloved Gainsborough.
                          Tess

We are all time travellers moving at the speed of exactly 60 minutes per hour...

Comment

I'm puzzled by your #796.1, Thijs. Where's the HC? You are in the middle of the road - (again! ) but no headlight beams are visible. That line of mist in the next photo looks almost solid, doesn't it?
                            Ivy

Comment

• janihudi
                              janihudi commented
                              Editing a comment
                              no,i'm not on the middle of the road,but when you overthere sitting on the wrong site of the car,it looks for you OVERTHERE that i'm on the middle of the road.
                              i'm driving here on the A15 highway,between highway crossingpoint Deil (crossing of the A2 (utrecht -s'Hertogenbosch) with the A15 (rotterdam -Nijmegen) and the city of Tiel..that you don't see headlight beams is,it was pretty light already and i had the foglights on ,as Always.
                              but it stays a little at the rightside of the gighway as you can see.have some more of that morning taken.
                              speed 80 km,so boring,then you wil look for something to do,like photografing.

Tess, an incredible image. Paul showed us so many very beautiful sunsets, some of them looking across his beloved Trent. Thank you for this one, particularly.
                            Ivy

Comment

Working...
                            X