X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winter Solstice. Aalesund. Norway.

Sunrise:

Midday:

If you blink you miss the daylight hours.

Sunset:
    Last edited by ombugge; September 6th, 2009, 06:43.

Comment

That last image is almost magical... look how the sky changes color!
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

I truly agree with Jan-Olav on the comment to that last picture there, and here is one from me...., previous posted in the Royal Viking Line-thread.

But since it also is an image of a most beautiful sunset, here's "Albatros" leaving Kristiansund on the evening of 23rd. August 2009
        "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
          I truly agree with Jan-Olav on the comment to that last picture there, and here is one from me...., previous posted in the Royal Viking Line-thread.

But since it also is an image of a most beautiful sunset, here's "Albatros" leaving Kristiansund on the evening of 23rd. August 2009
          This is a 'brouchure quality shot'.... reminds me of a similar shot in an old book, with one of the RV ships at NorthCape. Though, I think this one is better!

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

i always like that kind of shots, sunset in the background and a black silhuet in the front.
            and then specialy i like that the sun is coming trough hur portholes and windows.
            but i think dat ain`t gonna happen with als those cabines and other rooms,that the sun come in on one and left at the other side.

something like this,but this is easy ,just 1 room.

there a worst places to spend the night

here are the ships working at the enlargement of holland (you know ,God made he world,but the dutchies made holland. another proof here)
            this is conna be the new port for the bigger ships (containerships). ready in 2013.

best regards Thijs

Comment

Here are three shots taken at the same location; Plya Espadilla near Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica. I could not decide which to post so you get to see all three.

Comment

Great compositions... I love the fact that the wave coming in the middle one is blurred, as in a slightly shutter prioritized image. You don't happen to remember what shutter speed you used there?

Comment

The middle picture is:
                  ISO 100
                  f 8
                  1/10 sec

I had to travel light on this trip. I wish I would have left a pair of pants behind and brought my flash and a circular polaring filter instead.

Comment

OK.. thank you so much... the thin with waves on a beach, is that it's sometimes hard to get it just right... too slow, and it all becomes blurred, to fast, and they get too sharp. I think you got it just about correct. I love the way the wave is breaking in your photo.

Comment

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
                      I could live here forever.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                        That last image is almost magical... look how the sky changes color!
                        Feel free to Photoshop this image. Would be nice to see what you can do with it. (Aside from getting it "straightened up")

Comment

Oh..., I see someone has been reading the MPP-thread...

I always get comments when talking about angled horizons, but....., I don't care.

(Can't wait to find out what's going to happen the day I upload a picture with a 1° tilted horizon)

Hope you understand, I'm just being ironic...., or at least trying to
                          "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
                            Feel free to Photoshop this image. Would be nice to see what you can do with it. (Aside from getting it "straightened up")
                            This is a couple of minutes through PS... as I said before, this is a great image!

Comment

Here are some of mine. Taken from the REGAL EMPRESS

A sunrise from the stern as we head towards land.

A sunset looking towards Fort Lauderdale with the NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS serving as a backdrop.

Same departure. Same ship can be seen in the right corner.

Freeport sunset
                              Last edited by Captain RJ; September 12th, 2009, 21:43. Reason: mispell

Comment

The sunset image featuring Navigator of the Seas is awesome! Well done!

Comment

Working...
                                X