Photo Assignment: Gallery of sunrises and sunsets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Photo Assignment: Gallery of sunrises and sunsets

Now, how did I know that you'd come back with a janihudi type complaint? Typical.
    Who can figure out what women really want???
    But - what fun trying to guess.
    Last edited by wherrygirl; July 25th, 2012, 20:15.
    Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
    Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

While out and about last year I had the opportunity by the river to photograph this 220+ year old former Toll House as the sun was going down.

Infamy, Infamy.... They've got it in for me! Said The Laughing Assassin.

Comment

I do like the mix of shadow and reality of twigs and leaves on that right wall, and the sun has given an overall tone to the scene which is delightful, warm and serene.
        Ivy

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
          I do like the mix of shadow and reality of twigs and leaves on that right wall, and the sun has given an overall tone to the scene which is delightful, warm and serene.
          It was quite a serene moment Ivy, the sun bathing the old Toll House in beautiful golden tones was quite magical. And then I realised I was supposed to be somewhere else, oops! LOL

Comment

Actually, I took a very similar type of photo for one of my 366 days back in December: http://www.captainsvoyage-forum.com/...6783#post76783

Great minds...... etc.!
            Ivy

Comment

Actually, I took a very similar type of photo for one of my 366 days back in December: http://www.captainsvoyage-forum.com/...6783#post76783

Great minds...... etc.!
              Yes I missed that one Ivy, quite superb with the shadow of the tree.

Here's is a weird one I took tonight, mottled I called it.

Compare the mottled sky an hour before.

Last edited by SaintsFCFan; July 28th, 2012, 14:05.

Comment

That's certainly a strange one. As I began to scroll down, I thought it was a roughly rendered wall with some sort of lighting from below and couldn't make it out. Then I got to the lower part and could hardly believe it!
                Ivy

Comment

Paul...it...you...are MARVELLOUS..."Skyscape 3" is in good hands!!!!!

Comment

That's certainly a strange one. As I began to scroll down, I thought it was a roughly rendered wall with some sort of lighting from below and couldn't make it out. Then I got to the lower part and could hardly believe it!
                    I certainly found it strange Ivy, even more so that this mottled sky appeared from about 6pm through to nightfall itself.
                    I also took some at around 7pm when we still had daylight, very contrasting comparing the daylight to sunset photos.
                    I'll put up one of the daylight photos too as a compare edit on my original post.
                    Last edited by SaintsFCFan; July 28th, 2012, 13:44.

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
                      Paul...it...you...are MARVELLOUS..."Skyscape 3" is in good hands!!!!!
                      Funny thing is Cecilia, what Ivy mentioned about the rendered wall is pretty accurate. If it wasn't for the fact that I took photos at different times to see the difference I would have the same thoughts as Ivy.
                      I'm not in the knowledge of clouds and the intricacies of their patterns, but I would love to know why they appear like this and what forces are at play.

Comment

DAMNED,why do you get al those great skies and i don't.

stunning images Paul,of those sheeps clouds
                        best regards Thijs

Comment

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
                          DAMNED,why do you get al those great skies and i don't.

stunning images Paul,of those sheeps clouds
                          Thank you Thijs! I always have my camera with me even for a very short journey, even though my family think I'm nuts. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by SaintsFCFan View Post
                            ....I'm not in the knowledge of clouds and the intricacies of their patterns, but I would love to know why they appear like this and what forces are at play.
                            Have a read of this Paul.

Comment

Such nice clouds Paul, thank you for posting!

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
                                Have a read of this Paul.
                                Ooo ooo! Mackerel, that's the name I couldn't remember! Thank you Cecilia, I think I posted a photo several months ago with a similar effect.
                                Wonderful information, I've bookmarked that for the next time I capture a similar photo.
                                It certainly was a new front moving in, more warm weather. I think I miss the rain... did I just say that? LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X