Clear All

Re: Photo Assignment: Gallery of sunrises and sunsets

Hey, that's a cool sunset.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommi View Post
      Hey, that's a cool sunset.
      Thank you Tommi! The sun has been a bit rare over here these days! LOL
      Infamy, Infamy.... They've got it in for me! Said The Laughing Assassin.

Comment

Oooohhhh Paul! Beautiful…rather typical sunset colours we’ve been getting (when we've managed to see the sunset!) this strange summer, and you just know the rain will be back when you see those clouds! I like the inclusion of the drainpipe, just subtly lit, to complete the composition.

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
          Oooohhhh Paul! Beautiful…rather typical sunset colours we’ve been getting (when we've managed to see the sunset!) this strange summer, and you just know the rain will be back when you see those clouds! I like the inclusion of the drainpipe, just subtly lit, to complete the composition.
          Thank you Cecilia! We haven't been so lucky with sunsets these days, we've had more rain today and the river is very high again.
          Ah well! I await the next sunset... whenever that will be! LOL

Comment

This one I took at a wedding, I waited for the sun to do it's thing for some time. Although I did get some really nice shots of the happy couple with the sun rays at their backs too.

Comment

That brilliant flame-orange sky a while back was very unusual, I like it, and then in contrast is the more delicate colouring of the last one. I love the silhouette of the tree against the soft, brownish pink and the way the light gleams here and there on the cars and the building at the left. Lovely images, Paul.
              Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
              Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
                That brilliant flame-orange sky a while back was very unusual, I like it, and then in contrast is the more delicate colouring of the last one. I love the silhouette of the tree against the soft, brownish pink and the way the light gleams here and there on the cars and the building at the left. Lovely images, Paul.
                Thank you Ivy! I was actually the official wedding photographer, but the allure of this had me stepping outside every so often to take some of the sun setting.
                The groom thought I was bonkers, but it's surprising how many simply don't see this at all.

Comment

Originally posted by SaintsFCFan View Post
                  This one I took at a wedding, I waited for the sun to do it's thing for some time. Although I did get some really nice shots of the happy couple with the sun rays at their backs too.

It's almost as if the sun is making a "victory" "V" sign in the sky... maybe ordered by the bride or the groom perhaps?
                  With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                  Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                    It's almost as if the sun is making a "victory" "V" sign in the sky... maybe ordered by the bride or the groom perhaps?
                    I didn't think about that, although I think the bride & groom were oblivious to much of anything about this time! LOL

Comment

Sunrise as seen from Strandafjellet Skisenter this morning:

And in Hellesylt:

Comment

There's something magical and haunting about that last one - truck notwithstanding. (Psst - don't tell Thijs I said that!)
                        Ivy

Comment

There's something magical and haunting about that last one - truck notwithstanding. (Psst - don't tell Thijs I said that!)
                          You didn't like the abandoned truck??

BINGO!!! It is gone, thanks to modern facilities, even without scumming to Photoshopping.

Comment

From sunrise in the fjords this morning to sunset in Singapore tonight:

I agree, the world has shrunk drastically in my lifetime. (Especially with the invent of the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
                              You didn't like the abandoned truck??
                              BINGO!!! It is gone, thanks to modern facilities, even without scumming to Photoshopping.
                              No, no, no, you've ruined the picture. It needs that sweep of road in the foreground. (truck notwithstanding ).

If that's your neighbour's jungle in the later pictures, it's still doing well.
                              Ivy

Comment

No, no, no, you've ruined the picture. It needs that sweep of road in the foreground. (truck notwithstanding ).
                                Who can figure out what women really want???

If that's your neighbour's jungle in the later pictures, it's still doing well.
                                It is and it is.

Comment

Working...
                                X