Photo Assignment: Gallery of sunrises and sunsets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Photo Assignment: Gallery of sunrises and sunsets

they may go quick ombugge,but i see always a lot of red skies overthere,it must be beautiful to see those almost every eve
    Originally posted by ombugge View Post
    Yes, I know we have a thread for pictures of the moon, by too lazy to change over. (OT)
    ageproblems ombugge

i agree with the others replies Paul,i specially like the ''purple'' one.

i went and hoped for a red sunrise with dew over the land and canal,
    to late for that no red sun or dew on that time.

so i'll have to do it with this.
    (the second morning with out long weekend morningsleep ruiend)

well ,a orange sky and a little dew,but not enough

sunrise over the ''bergsche maas''.

Last edited by janihudi; April 8th, 2012, 10:08.
    best regards Thijs

Comment

with in the background the shipyardcranes of the former shipyard ''VEROLME HEUSDEN''.

best regards Thijs

Comment

best regards Thijs

Comment

Paul, that is a really dramatic picture of the Wolds sunset, beautifully captured. Then followed by your Morton Corner, the silhouettes against the gentler sky - and I love the light on the water in the further reach of the river. I agree, you can never weary of scenes in that area, judging by those you have shown.
          Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
          Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Thijs, I'm glad you dragged yourself out of bed for these shots.
            What is that post with the radiating wires(?) in the first one?
            I like the light on the swirl of the current in each photo. This is a lovely series of sunrise pics., leading up to the dramatic explosion of the sun from above the cloudbank. Then, in the last scene, suddenly everything is calm - the day is set to begin.
            Ivy

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
              What is that post with the radiating wires(?) in the first one?
              a ships radar reflector,rader can't ''see'' concrete or some other objects,by placing a reflector on them the radar see them easier.

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
              leading up to the dramatic explosion of the sun from above the cloudbank.
              talking about a explosion,i was standing on the bridge and a 2 trucks are cooming up, (on eastern sunday morning) so i set the camera and suddenly a explosion right above the golden tulip hotel of s'Hertogenbosch ,so it seems.
              i'm waiting on the news what they say over it,meanwhile you can look for another hotel,or shal i ask if Ralf's B&B is available .

best regards Thijs

Comment

a ships radar reflector,rader can't ''see'' concrete or some other objects,by placing a reflector on them the radar see them easier.
                Not entirely correct, radar can see concrete but from a distance a low bridge will show up as a line across the river.
                The Reflector is there to indicate the position of the support below the bridge.

Comment

okay thanks for clearing that out,but when he can see the bridge,can he make a differend then between the reflector and the concrete.
                  radarwaves bouncess of on objects anyway
                  best regards Thijs

Comment

Thank you, Thijs and Ombugge, for your explanations.
                    Ivy

Comment

i'm waiting on the news what they say over it,meanwhile you can look for another hotel,or shal i ask if Ralf's B&B is available.
                      Oh, ha-ha-ha-ha
                      I'll have the B&B, then I shall see how the horse-neighbour got on.
                      Last edited by wherrygirl; April 8th, 2012, 12:55.
                      Ivy

Comment

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
                        okay thanks for clearing that out,but when he can see the bridge,can he make a differend then between the reflector and the concrete.
                        radarwaves bouncess of on objects anyway
                        Radars have a fairly wide angle in the vertical plan to allow for pitch and trim, but very narrow angle in the horizontal plan to get accurate direction of the echo.
                        As said, a bridge will show up as a line on the radar screen, therefore it does not "see" the difference between the horizontal bridge bed and the supports from a distance.

If the support is rounded, or especially if it has a sharp edge, it will not be showing up at all due to deflection, even at close range. The radar reflector will appear as an echo in front of the bridge, however, to let the position of the supports be known, even in dense fog. A very smart device to cut down on collisions with bridges, which still happen all too often.

Comment

a big THANK YOU ombugge,i know it are radar refflectors,but not know the exact reason
                          best regards Thijs

Comment

Sunset in Leirvåg,Bjarkøy yesterday

Comment

March Sunset taken from my sons house in Broughty Ferry, near Dundee. Notice the wind turbines in the right corner.

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

Sunset in Leirvåg at Bjarkøy. Check out its own thread for more

Comment

Working...
                                X