Photo Assignment: Gallery of sunrises and sunsets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Photo Assignment: Gallery of sunrises and sunsets

thanks wherrygirl. well to be honest am taking these images when am on duty on the bridge and just click them as and when I see something outside that I like without too much thought put into it.
    Knowing how long I take sometimes, fidgetting about to get it right, your photos are beautiful, Plimsollmark. I keep gong back to that one at #446.3 because of the light on the water - it's haunting, somehow!
    Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
    Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Some more sunsets in Singapore, as seen from the office window. (I have a home office)

25. Nov. 2011 at 1817 hrs. :

At 1903 hrs.:

At 1924 hrs:

Comment

Yesterday's sunset as seen from the back veranda.

09. Nov. 2011 at 1857 hrs.:

1904 hrs.:

1906 hrs.:

1907 hrs.:

Things happen quick when you are close to Equator.

Comment

Today's sunset in Aalesund, at 1515:

Comment

Not exactly a sunrise or sunset but the clouds parted just enough to let some light in. Shot today exactly at noon.

Walking in the shadow of the blues

Comment

Sunsets from places I like … different colours and moods…thank you ombugge and Speedbird for those special skies and views across the water.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedbird View Post
                Not exactly a sunrise or sunset but the clouds parted just enough to let some light in. Shot today exactly at noon.

How simply stunning!

I love the way you take photos, like I've mentioned so many times before. Your images are so well balanced, well composed and they are always SUPER-sharp!

Seeing images such as these makes ME want to get better, and makes me head out with the camera on cold days.

Thank you so much for sharing!
                With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Summer time. A smooth Baltic, and the view from the cabin on a Silja Helsinki to Stockholm crossing.

I find it quite emotional to look at this one on a cold, windy night - it brings back such mixed emotions of not really wanting to be on the way back from North Norway to the 'real world', but also the breathtaking beauty of the natural world and anticipation of arrival in beautiful Stockholm and the run south the next day.
                  Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

You drive all the way from Honningsvåg to UK? Any special stops on the way?

Comment

Originally posted by Tommi View Post
                      You drive all the way from Honningsvåg to UK? Any special stops on the way?
                      Yep round trip UK - Magerøya - UK every couple of years. Usual stops are Holland, Oslo (family - delivering shopping!) or Göteborg, then Bothnian coast or Inlandsvägen, Finland and there! Normally two ferries, 5 nights. Wonderful!!
                      Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by PoloUK View Post
                        Summer time. A smooth Baltic, and the view from the cabin on a Silja Helsinki to Stockholm crossing.

I find it quite emotional to look at this one on a cold, windy night - it brings back such mixed emotions of not really wanting to be on the way back from North Norway to the 'real world', but also the breathtaking beauty of the natural world and anticipation of arrival in beautiful Stockholm and the run south the next day.
                        The nice side of the Baltic, but seeing this image, I also think back on how the weather can be at the worst of days as well.

Great mood, and a great moment in time!
                        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Sunset at Narja, Costa del Sol, Spain:

Comment

sunset travelling from Singapore to Perth Australia, reflection along the clouds

sunset at Ferguson Valley Western Australia

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

What different views - Mark's with its unbelievably calm water, Ombugge's - I like that plume of spray, and Kiki's, particularly the Ferguson Valley ones.

Different again, but pallid in comparison is my sunrise this morning. I was intrigued by the multiplicity of lines - long thin strips of clouds and contrails all stretching out in the same direction, then the crossing of the ever-present electricity wires.

Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                              Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

For the first time in 2012, I saw the sun today, not in Harstad, but at Finnsnes

Comment

Working...
                                X