• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Photo Assignment: Gallery of sunrises and sunsets

Medkila....

Comment

A few days ago we had this really weird sunset that created this dramatic backdrop to our neighborhood:

Walking in the shadow of the blues

Comment

Sunset as seen from outside the SAS Radisson Hotel in Aalesund, 14. July, 2011.

At 2232 hrs.:

At 2244 hrs.:

At 2252 hrs. the sun about to disappear behind Valderfjellet:

Still a bit to go before it is under the horizon.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedbird View Post
          A few days ago we had this really weird sunset that created this dramatic backdrop to our neighborhood:

yes quite weird, looks like a blanket of snow, how fantastic is our world !

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

I think I'm in Sunset and Sunrise phase just now. (Or should that be in the opposite order??)

After the late sunset in Aalesund I got inspired to take a series of picture of the sunset in Singapore yesterday, 16 July, 2011.

Starting at 1900 hrs.:

1908 hrs.:

Not much different.

1918 hrs.:

1927 hrs.:

1932 hrs. :

So things happen a bit earlier but quicker here at Equator.
            Not the best of sunsets last night. Very little colour changes and then it goes too dark for good pictures.
            Last edited by ombugge; July 17th, 2011, 17:20.

Comment

Just got in some pictures from my wife, showing the sunrise in Aalesund this morning, 17. July, 2011 as seen from our son's house. (She is still suffering from jet lag)

All are shot from 0415 -16 hrs. this morning:

This last is facing a bit more North East:

Comment

Sunrises and sunsets, Aalsund and Singapore, so very different but so beautiful. I hope your wife is over her jetlag, Ombugge.
                Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Originally posted by Speedbird View Post

Spectacular clouds... my first thought, I compared the clouds to a layer of ... ehhh.... "yoghurt in the sky"...
                  With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                  Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

The sunset tonight was as blood red as the stock exchanges around the world today.

Best wishes from
                    Bengt Domben

Comment

Please do not remind me of the stock market. But, nice sunset.

Comment

That is a glorious sky!…how beautiful and unusual that it is the greyer clouds that seem to be radiating out from where the sun set. And that point is so well positioned in your composition.

How fortunate to have the view you do! Happily for me it is starting to get to that time of year when the sun sets within leaning out view of an upstairs window! However a tree has grown considerably, and is getting in the way of some of the views of the hills (familiar to those of you that followed “Skyscape” year 1). I have realised that soon I am going to have to get someone to cut back the higher branches!

Comment

Thanks for the comments pilotdane and Seagull
                          Best wishes from
                          Bengt Domben

Comment

Heres a Sunrise off the Brazilian coast. My apologies for the imperfect image as this was taken by a cell phone camera from inside the bridge. But I just couldnt resist the beautiful colours.

Regards

Comment

Hi Plimsollmark and a big welcome to our friendly forum.
                              I’ve only just got around to saying hello, but I have very much enjoyed your photos and interesting information in the other threads.

I really like this sunset – not only are the colours gorgeous, but somehow the “imperfections” don’t seem like imperfections at all but give a very real feeling of being there inside the bridge with you. Love it! (and as you’ll gradually find out, I am very into clouds and skies!!

Comment

Thank you Plimsollmark. A "real" photo from the field is always appreciated. And, what a beautiful sunset!

Comment

Working...
                                X