Photo Assignment: Gallery of sunrises and sunsets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Photo Assignment: Gallery of sunrises and sunsets

Speedbird... what can I say, you are always leaving me breathless and speechless (which is a pretty large feet in itself).

But before anything else is said, I'm so sorry for your loss. The only consolation I can give is that through life, I have learned to love each and every day to the fullest, appreciate the fine moments, and the friendships you make. Life is one of the most fragile things we are given, and without a warning, it can also be taken just as fast.

The second thing I really would like to convey to you is that your images oozes a very high quality, no matter if you take pictures of sunsets, ships or landscapes. You do have a very professional quality of your work and you never fail to impress. It is no doubt in my mind that you do have what it takes when it comes to photography, and that I also have a lot to learn from you. Keep up the good work.
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
      a lot of the albums of meat loaf (the singer,not the food) are situated in a kind of doom zone,destroyed places,war places.
      with the orange colored clouds and the vertical clouds,it can also be seen as a destroyed place in flames with the smoke piles under a bleu sky.
      but maybe you have to know his kind of albums,but that was where i thought at.
      I did not know that Meat Loafs could sing and have never seen or heard of an album by such a silly name. Could it be the generation gap???
      I'll eat mine and you can listen to yours.

I'm happy that you did not want me to remove the wings of an aircraft I was flying in though. It probably wouldn't be a good idea, especially at 30,00 ft.

Comment

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
        I did not know that Meat Loafs could sing and have never seen or heard of an album by such a silly name. Could it be the generation gap???
        I confess to liking both Meat Loaf and meat loaf the food....

Really like your picture too

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
          Speedbird... what can I say, you are always leaving me breathless and speechless (which is a pretty large feet in itself).

But before anything else is said, I'm so sorry for your loss. The only consolation I can give is that through life, I have learned to love each and every day to the fullest, appreciate the fine moments, and the friendships you make. Life is one of the most fragile things we are given, and without a warning, it can also be taken just as fast.
          Indeed! You never know when it`s over and then it`s all too late!

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
          The second thing I really would like to convey to you is that your images oozes a very high quality, no matter if you take pictures of sunsets, ships or landscapes. You do have a very professional quality of your work and you never fail to impress. It is no doubt in my mind that you do have what it takes when it comes to photography, and that I also have a lot to learn from you. Keep up the good work.
          Thanks, you`re not that bad yourself!
          Now, if one one could make a living out of this hobby. That would be nice!
          Walking in the shadow of the blues

Comment

Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
            Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

a beautiful image Ivy,suche calm water,it almost like you had placed a mirror.
              wish that i can find a pond like that,i stil want to make such an image with my truck,i have tryed some as can seen in the trucks thread,
              but i wasn´t satisfied with the result.
              best regards Thijs

Comment

sunsets cruising college fjord on way to whittier alaska

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

Medkila yesterday

Comment

Sea-Otter, that's a coincidence - I was just about to post my last night's picture and found yours with very similar colouring in the clouds.

Ivy

Comment

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
                      a beautiful image Ivy,suche calm water,it almost like you had placed a mirror.
                      wish that i can find a pond like that,i stil want to make such an image with my truck,i have tryed some as can seen in the trucks thread,
                      but i wasn´t satisfied with the result.
                      I visit your trucks thread only now and then, as you know but I will try and find those you mention. Tell you what did impress me, though without stopping to check I don't know which one it was, but you did one truck (maybe more?) drawn up to the edge of what seemed to be a small bank. Your photo was taken from low down, maybe you were lying flat or kneeling, but the view was looking up to the cab. It was good.
                      Ivy

Comment

thanks Ivy.
                        thats was probally post 149 where you talk about.
                        i was sitting in a ditch,just above water,and the truck was parked in the corner of that ditch.
                        you can see how deep the ditch is on 149-2

the image of 148-2, i parked the truck on a walking path,to get him as close as can near the canal,to try to get an image as you got with your sunset.
                        best regards Thijs

Comment

I popped out in to my back garden and saw this!

Infamy, Infamy.... They've got it in for me! Said The Laughing Assassin.

Comment

A troop of howler monkeys decided to spend almost a week right outside the house and their 4:30 howling meant I was awake to catch a lot of sunrises. This morning I drove up the hill to catch the windmills in the foreground.

The weather is surprisingly predictable. There is a small, 10-15 minute window of opportunity in the morning. The clouds start out down low over the lake and the minute the sun rises the breeze blows the clouds up the hill blocking the view for the next hour+.

Last edited by pilotdane; June 29th, 2011, 17:20.

Comment

Makes me feel I can almost see it happening in your photo, Dane. Just in time!
                              Ivy

Comment

Originally posted by SaintsFCFan View Post
                                I popped out in to my back garden and saw this!
                                Paul, that is an incredible sky, quite startling, isn't it?
                                Ivy

Comment

Working...
                                X