No announcement yet.

Photo Assignment: Gallery of sunrises and sunsets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One word covers these two Speedbird.... WOW!!
    Nature does have a way of humbling you doesn't it!
    Infamy, Infamy.... They've got it in for me! Said The Laughing Assassin.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedbird View Post
      Lofoten mountains as seen from Bodø one beautiful evening!
      Now, this is what I call the ultimate image: almost to the surreal end of the scale. The light, the mountains which appears as if they are layered, the detail... the glow and the simple composition!

This is almost perfection in the way I would like to see a large scale print on board one of the coastal steamer ships. Your image shows clearly that you don't need to have a big name, be famous and celebrated, to provide stunning art pieces for a new coastal steamer.

When I saw this image the first time, I suddenly got an idea which I hope HRG would adopt: when they build and are ready to put art on board their new ship, I hope they could use the people of the coast for the works, and not only big names in the art-business. Almost as if they would create a ship for the people, by the people.
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Thank you guys!

Here`s a couple more:

Walking in the shadow of the blues

Comment

Jeez Speedbird!! They are tremendous!
          I probably sound a bit nuts, but the first photo I could fall into it and wrap it around me!

Comment

Re: Photo Assignment: Gallery of sunrises and sunsets

on hold, server problems...
            Last edited by Speedbird; May 20th, 2011, 23:43.

Comment

Everybody knows that sunrise and sunset in the Tropics is a fairly quick affair, right??

Well, when it comes to sunsets that is not entirely true if you take off just as the sun is about to set on the ground and fly West, into the sunset. (Sounds like something out of a Western movie?)

Leaving from Bandar Seri Begawan Airport heading to Singapore at 1815 hrs.:

Comment

Climbing:

And so does the sun. It is getting brighter:

Comment

Into the Cumulus:

At cruising height it is getting darker again and the sun set for the second time:

Natuna Island, Indonesia on the horizon as it gets too dark for photography:

Comment

Wonderful settings... Speedbird, you are making magic!

ombugge... those taken from your flight is also truly beautiful. In all my years, I do not think I have ever taken off at sunset. I have flown into sunsets, yes, but never taken off at sunset. At least as I can not remember.

I remember from almost two years ago though, taking off from Trondheim about an hour after sunset, just to climb above the clouds to see the sun again. It was almost magic.

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

This was a rather nice sunset made better by a passing Sea King (Air Sea Rescue) helicopter.

Comment

WAOW.... that last Bloody Mary red one with a helicopter in it is amazing. Beautiful!

Comment

A really cool twist to the Sea King picture SaintsFCFan!

Ombugge: A really lucky catch! One thing is the flight schedule and timing but imagine if you were seated on the other side of the plane!

Now, here`s another sunset from Bodø. Dedicated to a dear friend who passed away the 13th.

Comment

Originally posted by ombugge View Post

And so does the sun. It is getting brighter:
                            great images ombugge,i specially like this one,with out the wing it is ready to be on the cover on a album of meat loaf
                            best regards Thijs

Comment

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
                              great images ombugge,i specially like this one,with out the wing it is ready to be on the cover on a album of meat loaf
                              I'm not entirely sure what the "cover on an album of Meat Loaf" would look like but, since I like Meat Loaf with pea stew, potatoes and brown gravy, I take it it as a complement, not an insult.

PS> The wing was already there and I could not remove it. (dunno)
                              I don't think the Pilot would have been happy if I did.

Comment

a lot of the albums of meat loaf (the singer,not the food) are situated in a kind of doom zone,destroyed places,war places.
                                with the orange colored clouds and the vertical clouds,it can also be seen as a destroyed place in flames with the smoke piles under a bleu sky.
                                but maybe you have to know his kind of albums,but that was where i thought at.
                                best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...
                                X