No announcement yet.

Photo Assignment: Gallery of sunrises and sunsets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a few I found today that I'd forgotten about.

This is the adjacent field where I graze my horses in the summer months, this is just about the last few days of my beloved summer months "sniff"! lol

This is just about a few minutes from home, the town is just starting to wake up.
    Infamy, Infamy.... They've got it in for me! Said The Laughing Assassin.

Comment

Originally posted by SaintsFCFan View Post
      Here is a few I found today that I'd forgotten about.

This is the adjacent field where I graze my horses in the summer months, this is just about the last few days of my beloved summer months "sniff"! lol

This is just about a few minutes from home, the town is just starting to wake up.
      Those are to absolutely superb photos with tons, and I do mean tons, of atmosphere. Very very very well composed and executed! Brilliant.
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Sunset in Shenzhen, China today:

Sometime pollution can create spectacular sunsets, but not so today. Dirty windows at the Meridian Observation Centre didn't help either.

This may add a little to the dull sunset:

Anybody looking for a job with a view???
        [
        Crane Operator here may be the thing for you.
        Last edited by ombugge; January 4th, 2011, 04:20. Reason: Re-instaing Pictures

Comment

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
          Sometime pollution can create spectacular sunsets, but not so today. Dirty windows at the Meridian Observation Centre didn't help either....
          Goodness ombugge, that first photo is absolutely superb! …I love it, so no mutterings and excuses!
          EDIT: Oh no, just as I posted that he goes and removes the best photo, leaving the similar but not quite so perfect second one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Last edited by Seagull; December 27th, 2010, 17:30.

Comment

OK, was this the first one??
            [
            Early in the sequence.

Or this??

Last in the sequence.

Here is Shenzhen river bathed in the late rays of the day:

And for good measure, the pollution level in the late afternoon:

This cannot possibly be healthy in the long run.

PS> I'll be starting a "This is Shenzhen, China" thread soon.
            Last edited by ombugge; January 4th, 2011, 04:25. Reason: Re-instating Pictures

Comment

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
              OK, was this the first one??
              Hooray! The now first one in #280 is it!
              (So much better in the placing of the tower and the sun and the foreground reflections than the #278 version).

Comment

i'll go for the second one of post 280.

do they provide a parachute with that job? then i will think about it,and if they have a good traveling expenses.
                best regards Thijs

Comment

I haven't looked at Ombugge's sunset pictures till now. #280.1 is my favourite, and as I went on to the following page I saw that it was also Seagull's choice. There is a beautiful gleam on the edge of the tower with the cranes, it just completes the scene. Very lovely.
                  Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                  Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

View from the Patch
                    Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                    Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Very nice Ivy, I love the colours in this. Scenes like this are always so peaceful to me.

Here's one I took two days ago, with my eyes were streaming from the wind thankfully the camera beeps when it's in focus.

Comment

SaintFCFan... I love the mood of your latest image in this thread: very calming, very pleasing.... well composed.

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Thank you Jan-Olav! I just wish I could get down to our towns riverside for the sun setting more often, but finding the time at the moment is a little tricky!

Comment

Originally posted by SaintsFCFan View Post
                            Thank you Jan-Olav! I just wish I could get down to our towns riverside for the sun setting more often, but finding the time at the moment is a little tricky!
                            I know exatly what you mean: I try to get out during blue hour for so many days, and I fail each and every day.

Comment

Walking in the shadow of the blues

Comment

Speedbird... the light is simply quite stunning!

Almost to the point of total surrealism.

Comment

Working...
                                X