Photo Assignment: Gallery of sunrises and sunsets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaintsFCFan View Post
    Here is one I took the other day just as the sun was going down in a little corner of peaceful tranquility.

This one is top-notch quality composition and photography! Excellent work!

Originally posted by Eirik View Post
    I'll add some seen from the Adventure of the Seas.... Sadly there will only be sunrises, as the sun had a nasty habit of setting while we were dining...

I think it was very, no, extremely rewarding for you to have brought along the tripod on that cruise, because these shots are really superb! Brilliant shots!
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Sunrise and sunset in Singapore, at 1.5 degr. North Lat., is a fairly short affair, lasting somthing like 20 to 30 min.
      In Aalesund, at 62.5 degr. North, it is a long drawn out affair. The problem is the short period in between, at last at this time of the year.

Here is a few shots of today's sunrise:

Last edited by ombugge; November 19th, 2010, 18:32.

Comment

This afternoon the sunset was quite spectacular and long lasting:

Comment

Any then it got dark:

Comment

Ombugge, these are really quite spectacular!! Probably one of my favourite subjects, I love the first one of #259 of the sun rays just exploding over the top of the mountain range. Very much like mother nature's sunrise announcing itself to you! All of them a quite brilliant set of photos!!
            Infamy, Infamy.... They've got it in for me! Said The Laughing Assassin.

Comment

The sun setting across the Trent Valley, although the scene looks warm.. it isn't, it was pretty windy and cold!

Comment

Really fiery. Is that how it was, or have you enhanced it??
                Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
                  Really fiery. Is that how it was, or have you enhanced it??
                  Nope! The only thing I do is to crop it to my preferred size of 1500 x 1125 and "maybe" an adjustment if needed onboard the camera such as contrast, saturation, noise or brightness for certain photos. I usually stay on the settings I'm happy with, although this ISO & shutter thing still annoys me from time to time.
                  The valley has a good layout for bouncing and bending light over and around it, quite how that works I haven't a clue!
                  There was one I took that looked like a wall of fire rearing up at you. I have had all kinds of surprises with sunrises and sunsets, some say that the string of power stations have some sort of effect on the weather and other conditions. How true? I'm not that clever! lol

Wall Of Fire!

Comment

Just remarkable. So there's something to be said for power stations, after all!
                    Ivy

Comment

I got out of bed this morning (thats something i usually never do on a sunday) to walk the dog with the sunrise over our little village...

Comment

All three are beautiful, Wesley, but my favourite is the first one because of its delicacy.

Do you really stay in bed all day Sundays, you lazy little .......... Just see what you've been missing all these years.
                        Ivy

Comment

Now that's a lovely scenery worth getting up for, beautiful colours!
                          Ah! Don't worry Wesley. I didn't get up myself until 8:45am, although I didn't get to my pit until 4am this morning. lol
                          Ooops! You didn't hear that Ivy....

Comment

Originally posted by wesley View Post
                            I got out of bed this morning (thats something i usually never do on a sunday) to walk the dog with the sunrise over our little village...

This is indeed the best one, from a photographical aspect of things. The tree placed 1/3 from the edge is making it very harmonic, and with the detail of surrounding landscape, it's beautiful.
                            With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                            Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
                              All three are beautiful, Wesley, but my favourite is the first one because of its delicacy.

Do you really stay in bed all day Sundays, you lazy little .......... Just see what you've been missing all these years.
                              it's every sunday the same,around 11.30 he come out of bed,after we had call him.
                              last saterday it was;daddy will you call me,then i go out with you and the dog,to make images.

and thats want to be a truckdriver.
                              he has a lot to learn from his old (and WISE) dad
                              best regards Thijs

Comment

thank you all for the comments but dont listen to him ivy he isn't a hard worker like me.
                                he goes to work sit down behind the steeringwheel and goes home again, how hard can it be......

Comment

Working...
                                X