Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow what a beautiful pictures ...... I love them all

Greetings Marijke
    Last edited by miezemuis; October 17th, 2010, 23:58.

Comment

rotterdam port is waking up

best regards Thijs

Comment

Very lovely, Eirik. My favourites: in #234 no.6 with its strikingly dominant curved rail and the light playing over the whole pic., no.8 with its excellent composition, and in #237 the first two. That sunset is hauntingly beautiful, almost a monochrome.
        Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
        Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

This is what I came out of my front door to this morning, I could have stood there for an eternity just looking at mother nature doing this.

Infamy, Infamy.... They've got it in for me! Said The Laughing Assassin.

Comment

I don't know why I didn't comment on your Rotterdam photos above, Thijs, must have done the reply to Eirik and then dashed off somewhere. But now that Paul has put up his sunrise, what a similarity there is in the sky colouring of all 3 pics. In the R'dam ones the cranes fit perfectly into the band of brilliant flame colour, while in Paul's scene that sky is almost menacing, isn't it?
            Ivy

Comment

i'm by myself not so fond of them,had hope on more ,while on the camera screen the looked better,used a long shuttertime had the camera on a pole,and al i get was this.

but overal it could be nice with the sunrise and the cranes and vessel
              well next time ,next try
              best regards Thijs

Comment

Actually, I quite like these photos of yours Thijs. You really get the feel of a harbour and city waking up from it's sleep to a brand new day, the key for me is not so much the quality but capturing of the moment. And I love the shaft of light shining breaking through the darkness on the water. Very nice!

Oh Ivy! It was a magnificent sunrise yesterday, I took some from where I keep my horses too. The silhouette of the trees against the sky was so nice, Mother nature is so fantastic to see on any given day!

Comment

thanks paul,but i will ingrease by skills,and then i was there on the right place at the right time,being luckly that they looks so good on the screen.
                  long shutter,non moving camera.most be right.

but, aldo income learns
                  (is this right??)
                  dutch saying,but you learn by repeting
                  Last edited by janihudi; October 23rd, 2010, 11:46.
                  best regards Thijs

Comment

In English we say "Practice makes perfect".
                    Ivy

Comment

aldo income learns
                      does this make any sens ivy?

this is what the translationsite came with.
                      best regards Thijs

Comment

"Aldo income learns" makes no sense, Thijs.
                        "Aldo" does not exist in English. In my Dutch dictionary it gives the Dutch word "aldoor" = English "continuously", so that could probably also mean keeping on and on at something.
                        "income" in English practically always means money coming in.
                        learns is OK, like Dutch "leren".

I put Dutch "aldo" in WordMonkey and it comes up with the same in English, which is rubbish. Then I put English "Practice makes perfect" and it gave Dutch "de praktijk maakt perfect", which is what you meant.
                        Translation is a minefield, isn't it! Maar is je Engels zeer goed nu. (had to look up word order in my Teach Yourself Dutch book!)
                        Ivy

Comment

Sunset in Singapore a few days ago:

Since we are close to equator, the time difference between these pictures is fairly short.
                          Last edited by ombugge; April 19th, 2011, 12:21.

Comment

A lovely progression of colour in the sky each time, Ombugge.
                            Ivy

Comment

I'll add some seen from the Adventure of the Seas.... Sadly there will only be sunrises, as the sun had a nasty habit of setting while we were dining...

Just before sunrise, sailing into Cagliari Corsica. I Used a long exposure (13 seconds) and a tripod here...

A shot of the sunrise from the balcony...

Just before sunrise in Ajaccio, Corsica...

The view of the sunrise, from the top deck (St. Tropez) up front

Then, finally the harbor area bathed in a strong yellow early morning light

Olympus user
                              E-M1, E-M5
                              w/ Lots of new and old (adapted lenses)...

Hurtigruten ships traveled on:
                              MS Richard With, MS Nordnorge, MS Nordkapp, MS Nordlys, MS Finnmarken, MS Midnatsol (Both old and new)

Cruise ships traveled on:
                              MS Sunbird, former RCI Song of America, now MS Louis Olympia (August 2002)
                              MS Adventure of the Seas (October 2010)
                              MS Vision of the Seas (June 2012)
                              MS Enchantment of the Seas (October 2016)

Comment

Ombugge & Erik, they are fantstic photos. Superb colours!!
                                Here is one I took the other day just as the sun was going down in a little corner of peaceful tranquility.

Comment

Working...
                                X