No announcement yet.

Photo Assignment: Gallery of sunrises and sunsets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well if ever there was a sky photo that had me thinking I should have gone to the Netherlands during this past year of my project, this it it!
    Absolutely wonderful Wesley. All that expanse of sky and the very special colour, but what makes it even more compelling are those radiating rays in the lower part of the sky.

Comment

thanks for your comments but it was just a quick picture i noticed this sky to late.

Comment

Originally posted by wesley View Post
        thanks for your comments but it was just a quick picture i noticed this sky to late.
        But I don’t know what the sky was like before, so to me this seems like “the moment”.
        I know what you mean though, the sky changes so quickly. When I started my project I soon realised I must have my camera with me at all times. Some of the cloud effects that you’ve liked were seen when I just happened to glance out of the window – and were gone a moment later.

Comment

oh boy OH BOY oh boy oh boy oh boy OH BOY

i have such a dilemma,which thread to place this image

floating cranes and other lifting vessel (the drydocks)
          sunrise and sunsets, (sunset)
          pictures of nature, (swans)
          ships in drydock, (ships in dock)
          nightshots, (it's dark)
          reflections (lights in water)
          or
          the moon. (start of the new moon)

don't make a poll for it, so placed it here.
          Last edited by janihudi; October 13th, 2010, 21:01.
          best regards Thijs

Comment

Breath Of The Beast!

Infamy, Infamy.... They've got it in for me! Said The Laughing Assassin.

Comment

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
              oh boy OH BOY oh boy oh boy oh boy OH BOY

i have such a dilemma,which thread to place this image

floating cranes and other lifting vessel (the drydocks)
              sunrise and sunsets, (sunset)
              pictures of nature, (swans)
              ships in drydock, (ships in dock)
              nightshots, (it's dark)
              reflections (lights in water)
              or
              the moon. (start of the new moon)
              Do it like our captain, post it in several threads !!!

Beautiful pictures, both of you!!!
              Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Breath Of The Beast!! - Simply magnificent Paul.
                Striking circumstances which would have enticed many to attempt a photograph, but this is absolutely YOU – perfectly judged, not only in the composition of what is placed within the frame, but also tonally. It struck me as showing all your skill from your b&w photography, but here a study in red and yellow.

Comment

I must catch up with this thread. I enjoy the contrast between Ombugge's two pictures at#222, the beautifully coloured sepia and old gold of the sunrise and the cool, serene light blues and indigo of the following one. Then Wesley's glory of a sunset. Next is the "oh boy oh boy" multifunctional vision of Thijs' sunset at the docks. Apart from the lovely silhouette stretching acros the image, that light on the water is delicious. And then the little surprises of the crescent moon and the swans. Finally Paul's picture. I can only echo Cecilia's words "simply magnificent".
                  We are all so lucky to have pictures such as these being presented to us daily from so many members. Thank you, all.
                  Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                  Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Ok, here's some of my sunset shots... Some of them has been posted elswhere...

Olympus user
                    E-M1, E-M5
                    w/ Lots of new and old (adapted lenses)...

Hurtigruten ships traveled on:
                    MS Richard With, MS Nordnorge, MS Nordkapp, MS Nordlys, MS Finnmarken, MS Midnatsol (Both old and new)

Cruise ships traveled on:
                    MS Sunbird, former RCI Song of America, now MS Louis Olympia (August 2002)
                    MS Adventure of the Seas (October 2010)
                    MS Vision of the Seas (June 2012)
                    MS Enchantment of the Seas (October 2016)

Comment

Originally posted by SaintsFCFan View Post
                      Breath Of The Beast!

so now we know how Cecilia get her images for seagull's skyscape,she had a factory for it.
                      best regards Thijs

Comment

Eirik, your images are breathtaking!

Makes me realize that winter can be beautiful too: even though I really hate the cold weather.
                        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                        Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                        Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Thank you very much... Tharr be more...

Yes, winter is lovely. I just love the light and also how snow and ice crystals look in said light. So, if you time your photo trips right, you'll have about 30-40 minutes to scramble around and get your shots, most of mine are taken at Hønefoss in Buskerud, some are taken in my home town, Askim. Then finally that wing shot (A Continental 757, from Newark to Oslo) is actually the sunrise over Greenland on my way back from Texas in 2008.
                          Olympus user
                          E-M1, E-M5
                          w/ Lots of new and old (adapted lenses)...

Hurtigruten ships traveled on:
                          MS Richard With, MS Nordnorge, MS Nordkapp, MS Nordlys, MS Finnmarken, MS Midnatsol (Both old and new)

Cruise ships traveled on:
                          MS Sunbird, former RCI Song of America, now MS Louis Olympia (August 2002)
                          MS Adventure of the Seas (October 2010)
                          MS Vision of the Seas (June 2012)
                          MS Enchantment of the Seas (October 2016)

Comment

Originally posted by Eirik View Post
                            Thank you very much...

Yes, winter is lovely. I just love the light and also how snow and ice crystals look in said light. So, if you time your photo trips right, you'll have about 30-40 minutes to scramble around and get your shots, most of mine are taken at Hønefoss in Buskerud, some are taken in my home town, Askim. Then finally that wing shot (A Continental 757, from Newark to Oslo) is actually the sunrise over Greenland on my way back from Texas in 2008.
                            This image is just so perfectly balanced and wonderful: it's enhances the wonderful essence of winter. - and coming from a person like me, which hates the winter, that is a big statement.
                            With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                            Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                            Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                            Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

I especially like the photos with snow. They are very magical.

We have had a very long, very hot summer and I am looking forward to seeing some snow.

Comment

One word.
                                GORGEOUS!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X