No announcement yet.

Photo Assignment: Gallery of sunrises and sunsets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

with these hot days (today 39 degrees celcius in Rotterdam)
    or as the british comedy callad, it ain´t half hot mom. (i believe)
    it issn´t that hard to got out of bed.
    at 5,00am it was already 25 degrees.
    sorry for the dead bodies on the window

best regards Thijs

Comment

Brilliant photos Janihudi, beautiful scene!!
      Infamy, Infamy.... They've got it in for me! Said The Laughing Assassin.

Comment

Oh more “I wish I’d been there and taken that” Dutch skies! Lovely janihudi.

Comment

This is such a beautiful thread, but I'm just not keeping up with it all.
          Janihudi's pics. at Post 169: the delicacy in the straight lines of the crane is so well contrasted with the sweeping curves of the tree's bare branches, superb composition. Then the following picture is powerful in its simplicity, a study in soft, dark blues.
          At Post 183 and onwards, more great images.
          Speedbird at Post 170:
          I think this is perfect as it is, please don't change it, Speedbird. There is a soft blending of colours, a subtlety, that draws the viewer into this picture, and a great sense of calm which would be completely lost were the colours "enhanced". Intensifying them would upset the balance of this really awe-inspiring shot. (Pakarang and I are often on different sides of the fence on this. )
          And I loved Ombugge's sunrise, the surprise of the two patches of light against the overall soft dark.
          Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
          Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Comment

best regards Thijs

Comment

Originally posted by Asimut
                Sunset last sunday just a few minutes before midnight.

Great sunset: wonderful colors! These are the nights we will treasure through the upcoming winter months!
                With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

While my partents house is being worked on we rented a another house nearby. It has no heat or air conditioning so I slept with the windows open and every morning at 4:45 I could hear the howler monkeys in the distance start. By 5:00am the group next to the house would start howling signaling that it was time for me to get up. It worked perfectly. The monkeys woke me every morning in time to get dressed, grab my camera gear and head out to catch the beautiful morning sun. I was the rainy season so I never actually saw the sun clear the horizon. It was always shrouded in clouds, but did make some pretty clouds.

The area north of Lake Arenal is filled with windmills. Before sunrise the clouds hung low over the lake but as soon as the sun neared the horizon the winds would start and the clouds would move up toward me. Every morning I could count on the windmills to slowly get burried by the rising clouds. Half an hour later the clouds would clear the mountains and had mostly good weather until 2:00pm when the afternoon rains usually started.

Comment

beautiful sunrises dane,like the one with the windmills
                    best regards Thijs

Comment

You've taken some absolutely fantastic photos Dane! I could spend forever just looking at the view, and probably go through lots of memory cards. Great stuff!!!!
                      Infamy, Infamy.... They've got it in for me! Said The Laughing Assassin.

Comment

Originally posted by pilotdane View Post
                        Love it! This one is poster material... should use it as the motif in one of those motivational posters. You just got to fine the right expression to go with it.

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Wow! Just beautiful. You need not wall paper in your living room. Just look out of the window. Thank you for sharing!!
                          Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

I love that amazing yellow in the sky turning to gold in the water. And you captured it perfectly Asimut.

Comment

Originally posted by Asimut
                              The wreck at sunrise last night at 2:00 A.M

Short comments also tells a lot, so all I can add is .....

WAOW! In my face.....

Comment

Originally posted by pilotdane View Post

"hey, hey, you, you, get offa my cloud"
                                Last edited by Paul Cobb; August 12th, 2010, 13:40.

Comment

Working...
                                X