Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The sunset in Singapore tonight was quite spectacular:

But short. It quickly got too dark for my simple camera:
    Last edited by ombugge; April 19th, 2011, 12:26.

Comment

the third one is very nice
      best regards Thijs

Comment

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
        the third one is very nice
        Agree... the third image is very beautiful!
        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Comment

That is a nice shot wesley: the bird is perfectly placed and is so making it a bit more special!

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

i see suns everywhere

i hope you won't get bored of it

Comment

Hey, Wesley, these are great. And do you know, with that second one, if I move it up and down using the slider at the side of the screen instead of keyboard arrows, the rays appear to move, it's quite effective. You mentioned buying some filters recently, did you use them on these sunsets? I haven't tried anything like that - still trying to get used to my camera as it is, I haven't touched a fraction of what it could do. One day.......
                Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

yes the first 3 and number 5 were taken with cokin filters, number 4 was without filter but isn't bad actually.
                  here are the filters,they are in the same order as the pictures.

1:is a filter to make a warm environment in your picture so its making your picture darker.

2 and 3 are filters to make lights (for instance a car) a little bit more special to make stars of it or how they called a galaxy circle.

4:is a diffusor filter so it will look like you need glasses.

Comment

Wesley, thank you so much for going to all the trouble of photographing and explaining the filters. How very kind of you. The effects are intriguing and make me want to try experimenting. I've always just concentrated on composition and light so as to make a good picture and left it at that. But there is a whole world of interesting things to be done which I really must have a go at. Just give me more hours in the day! Meanwhile, I'll enjoy what you are doing
                    Ivy

Comment

if you might heard there was a vulcano bursting in iceland.
                      because of that the weather***perts said there will be a red sunset this evening.
                      at first there wasn't any of that signs,but later it appeared out of nothing.
                      but it was for a short while to enjoy it.
                      i'm not completely satisfied with the pictures i made,but if there is any luck it will happen again tomorrow.

Comment

Wesley, isn't there a beautiful gradation of colour from deepest plum through to a glowing almost apricot colour with the silhouette of the trees at the bottom. Like a carefully worked wet-into-wet watercolour painting.
                        More!!
                        Ivy

Comment

Here from my haven of tranquility where I sometimes go for some pece and quiet I had a lovely sunset to watch, the sun was on it's way down and let me know why life ain't so bad at times.

Infamy, Infamy.... They've got it in for me! Said The Laughing Assassin.

Comment

Originally posted by SaintsFCFan View Post
                            Here from my haven of tranquility where I sometimes go for some pece and quiet I had a lovely sunset to watch, the sun was on it's way down and let me know why life ain't so bad at times.

Indeed a very tranquil and perfect setting!

Comment

It may be a picture of sunset but it is all light - reflections in the river, gleams caught on balconies and roofs and even on the twigs in the foreground. And a minor detail which has caught my eye - the way the smoke from the chimneys shows against the dark cloud. Beautifully timed.
                              Magnificent.
                              Ivy

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
                                It may be a picture of sunset but it is all light....
                                You said it perfectly wherrygirl

And look at the sunlight streaming in from the right. It's like a sunset photo without actually looking at the sunset itself! - but instead at the river banking and the houses from where someone might be looking at the setting sun. And also that the river has bent round from where it would have been in line with the sun.
                                Paul, I think I should have moved south to your part of the country, or across the sea to join Wesley, for my year of taking pictures of the sky!

Comment

Working...
                                X