Photo Assignement: Your pets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Photo Assignement: Your pets

Two lovely pics. In that first one it amuses me the way its paws are every which way! And the last one, well I don't remember ever seeing either of my cats sleep with their chin tucked in like that.
    Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
    Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

A fun photo of our dog, Kaysea..

Comment

I made a homemade "photostudio" in the livingroom, with a black blanket and turned of all the lights. Then holding a flashlight in one hand and the camera in the other one, and it was really fun to see that the result got pretty good. Its a bit unsharp as I couldnt use a fast shutterspeed..

Comment

I think, it's not so hard to photograph in darkness, but to photograph black objects - now that's tricky.
          And here we have a black dog, in darkness, in the front of a black blanket and it's all brilliant!

You can crank up the whites a bit if you prefer. This gets you even more contrast in the picture.

Comment

I thought of SaintsFCFan when I was boar hunting this past weekend. The last night, Saturday, I was in a different location back in some swamp area of eastern North Carolina. When it got totally dark a owl loudly introduced himself behind me. I was in a tree and he was a few trees behind me and about 50 feet higher. Through my FLIR I could clearly see him and those big eyes were white hot in IR. A few minutes later I was scanning around and caught sight of another owl fly in and land in a tree about 90 feet away. Then 30 seconds later another flew in and landed into the next tree. One behind me and two in front and all were enormous! Then they began talking. I have never heard such vocalizations from an owl. For a while it sounded like a jungle with all the new and strange noises they were making. About five minutes of sporadic conversation and one by one they flew off.

I've noticed it before but three such large birds flying so close and I could not hear a sound. Other birds flew by much further away and I can hear the flapping of their wings and the flow of air over their body. The owls, nothing. Totally silent. There were a few small mammals about on the edge of the clearing in front of me and I was really hoping I would witness one of the owls catching dinner but sadly it did not happen. Still, what an incredible experience being so close to three large, majestic birds like that in the wild and having the gear to actually be able to see them.

Comment

my pets

Comment

Nice dogs, you seem to have learned them good.

Comment

oh no they are learned not yet bud they are nice thanks

Comment

What is the dog in the last two photos, Cornel? I'm sure you or Thijs told me once, but I've forgotten.
                    Ivy

Comment

it is a mechelse herder in dutch

Comment

Herder is obviously shepherd, but Google says mechelse herder is a Malinois. That seems to be a Belgian Shepherd dog, so we get there in the end! Many thanks, Cornel. A beautiful dog, anyway.
                        Ivy

Comment

thanks wherrygirl i think that i am more picture to cv

Comment

a sunbating Kelly,with the 2 tulips that are in bloom this moment

best regards Thijs

Comment

best regards Thijs

Comment

best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...
                                X