Photo Assignement: Your pets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thijs,
    Cats definitely have employees. No question about it. Dogs do like assurance that they are doing the right thing - or something. Cats just don't mind as long as they get a cuddle every day.

Comment

• wherrygirl
      wherrygirl commented
      Editing a comment
      At a time and place convenient to them!

• janihudi
      janihudi commented
      Editing a comment
      But not to long, or not when i wanted to do it.

Cats' infallible sense of knowing exactly what they want comes into a bit of a conflict when the owner cannot work it out because they change their minds - not the same meal more than one day...PLEASE!!!

Comment

• wherrygirl
      wherrygirl commented
      Editing a comment
      And there my cat-mind agrees completely!

• yvneac
      yvneac commented
      Editing a comment
      We are all cats!....at least we try.

I'll tell you a story. It's not too OT as it concerns someone else's pet, not mine.
    Some years ago a friend and I went to supper with a couple we had recently met. They had two dogs and a cat and as soon as we entered the door the cat - Misty - made a dash for the cat-flap. She was apparently like that with everyone, the only humans she could tolerate being near were her two servants.
    Some time later I went to see the new friends again and Misty was in the kitchen, which led out of the living room where we were sitting chatting. Strangely, she made no move to escape but after a while casually wandered into the living room. David suddenly told me to keep quite still, as Misty had jumped up on to the back of the sofa where I was sitting, probably checking me out to see if I were sufficiently catty to be allowed in as another member of her staff.
    Time passed, as they say, and a problem arose. She was going to be left alone as the dogs were going on holiday with their owners. The latter asked me if I would pop in and put her food out for her. So the first day I went in, opened the tin of cat food and emptied it into Misty's dish. I had not expected her to appear from wherever she was and had intended to leave the house without waiting. But the cat flap flapped and there she was, miaowing eagerly for breakfast.
    Deciding to hang about to give her a little company while she gobbled, I sat on the sofa at a respectful distance. Meal over, she gave herself a thorough wash and then - to my utter amazement - came to the sofa, jumped up and sat next to me, sort of sideways on with her front paws across my lap. I was even allowed to stroke her and do the tickle under the chin bit. Eventually I had to go as even humans have other things to do. I forget whether it was that evening or the following day, but after the ablutions Misty hurried over to me, jumped on to my lap and "walked" up my front to rub noses.. I was "in"!
    When the holiday was over I was describing how Misty had behaved and when I said how ahe had sat with her paws on my lap, David exclaimed, as even his partner was never accorded that special privilege, only himself.
    MIAOW.................................
    Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
    Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

• janihudi
      janihudi commented
      Editing a comment
      Animals seems to have a good feeling about people.
      Also our 2 cats cats didn't walk away from you.
      Not even simba,which didn't like strangers.

• wherrygirl
      wherrygirl commented
      Editing a comment
      And i always smile to myself when I think of dear Indy, the way he used to come up and lean against me in greeting, so that I had to put out a hand and grab the chair to stop falling over!

• janihudi
      janihudi commented
      Editing a comment
      Just to be shure that he was within your arms distance.

we had decorading our house for the Christmas time.
    our first one with Nala.
    so a little decoratiom for her too.

also the tree is tested by her, stands it sturdy enough?

and more important,which one will i get first

best regards Thijs

Comment

What is that splendid furry cat seat hanging on the radiator?!!!! Talk about being spoilt...... And that second pic. is gorgeous - little imp!
      Ivy

Comment

• janihudi
        janihudi commented
        Editing a comment
        yes her favorit seat aswel,always warm.wrong color though.hard to see if she is in it or not,when comoing in the room of a to early morning

• wherrygirl
        wherrygirl commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, I had to stare closely to find her head and then realised that the pale round bit was the inside of her right ear!

The pet in my house is the golden retriever Camilla, a 7 year old girl next March.

Seen here sitting on the floor watching tv together with my better half. And when I called Camilla, she turned around as if she said; -"Yes...., YES, what do you want? Disturbing me in the middle of something important"

IMG_2735 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​IMG_2736 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr
      Last edited by Sterkoder; December 11th, 2017, 01:12.
      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

• janihudi
        janihudi commented
        Editing a comment
        thats the darn thing of people, interupting when there is somethings importing on tv
        Last edited by janihudi; December 11th, 2017, 09:50.

Oh, she's beautiful, Svein. And in the first picture she is so obviously intent on what is going on on the screen!
      Ivy

Comment

now it's getting colder she is more inside ,but still gooing out,untill it snows,than it's so much better indoors

and what is better then wahing herself in a warm well heatet hammock

best regards Thijs

Comment

and wassing even more

there is only one thing better,dreaming of a warm summer

best regards Thijs

Comment

nothing taste better than water fresh from the tap

best regards Thijs

Comment

• nari
              nari commented
              Editing a comment
              Such a beautiful cat; I especially like her brief orange tones amongst the stripes.

Mrs PoloUK is complaining - she's asking why everyone else has beautiful pets, but she just has me. Lovely photos from both Thijs and Svein in recent days.
            Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

• janihudi
              janihudi commented
              Editing a comment
              you can do 2 things.
              cuddle Mrs PoloUK more
              or buy her a pet.
              but in that case,if Mrs PoloUK is a working class hero and most of her time outside, don't buy one.
              in that case my friend, cuddle her ,again and again and again and again
              cats and dogs do it too. LOL

• yvneac
              yvneac commented
              Editing a comment
              How resolve the dilemma? I suggest you could offer an Oyster as a Xmas gift. Or that kind of lovely animal. Anyway, Mark, if you need good ideas, just ask me.

• nari
              nari commented
              Editing a comment
              Mark, do you think if you grew a beard it might help??

Each medal has two sides... maybe you better buy a cat or dog:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW-rB9-38xk

Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

What a beautiful cat! Just the way I like them - the perfect combination of pattern and colour.
              With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
              Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Working...
              X