Photo Assignement: Your pets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thijs,
    Cats definitely have employees. No question about it. Dogs do like assurance that they are doing the right thing - or something. Cats just don't mind as long as they get a cuddle every day.

Comment

• wherrygirl
      wherrygirl commented
      Editing a comment
      At a time and place convenient to them!

• janihudi
      janihudi commented
      Editing a comment
      But not to long, or not when i wanted to do it.

• Cats' infallible sense of knowing exactly what they want comes into a bit of a conflict when the owner cannot work it out because they change their minds - not the same meal more than one day...PLEASE!!!

Comment

• wherrygirl
      wherrygirl commented
      Editing a comment
      And there my cat-mind agrees completely!

• yvneac
      yvneac commented
      Editing a comment
      We are all cats!....at least we try.

• I'll tell you a story. It's not too OT as it concerns someone else's pet, not mine.
    Some years ago a friend and I went to supper with a couple we had recently met. They had two dogs and a cat and as soon as we entered the door the cat - Misty - made a dash for the cat-flap. She was apparently like that with everyone, the only humans she could tolerate being near were her two servants.
    Some time later I went to see the new friends again and Misty was in the kitchen, which led out of the living room where we were sitting chatting. Strangely, she made no move to escape but after a while casually wandered into the living room. David suddenly told me to keep quite still, as Misty had jumped up on to the back of the sofa where I was sitting, probably checking me out to see if I were sufficiently catty to be allowed in as another member of her staff.
    Time passed, as they say, and a problem arose. She was going to be left alone as the dogs were going on holiday with their owners. The latter asked me if I would pop in and put her food out for her. So the first day I went in, opened the tin of cat food and emptied it into Misty's dish. I had not expected her to appear from wherever she was and had intended to leave the house without waiting. But the cat flap flapped and there she was, miaowing eagerly for breakfast.
    Deciding to hang about to give her a little company while she gobbled, I sat on the sofa at a respectful distance. Meal over, she gave herself a thorough wash and then - to my utter amazement - came to the sofa, jumped up and sat next to me, sort of sideways on with her front paws across my lap. I was even allowed to stroke her and do the tickle under the chin bit. Eventually I had to go as even humans have other things to do. I forget whether it was that evening or the following day, but after the ablutions Misty hurried over to me, jumped on to my lap and "walked" up my front to rub noses.. I was "in"!
    When the holiday was over I was describing how Misty had behaved and when I said how ahe had sat with her paws on my lap, David exclaimed, as even his partner was never accorded that special privilege, only himself.
    MIAOW.................................
    Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
    Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

• janihudi
      janihudi commented
      Editing a comment
      Animals seems to have a good feeling about people.
      Also our 2 cats cats didn't walk away from you.
      Not even simba,which didn't like strangers.

• wherrygirl
      wherrygirl commented
      Editing a comment
      And i always smile to myself when I think of dear Indy, the way he used to come up and lean against me in greeting, so that I had to put out a hand and grab the chair to stop falling over!

• janihudi
      janihudi commented
      Editing a comment
      Just to be shure that he was within your arms distance.
Working...
X