Photo Assignment: Autumn is here....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pakarang
    started a topic Photo Assignment: Autumn is here....

So far, I don't think we have a special autumn-images thread.... so, I therefore start this thread.

• pakarang
    replied
    Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
    I don't call it winter yet, so I guess the autumn thread will be the place to post a couple of autumn pictures from Straumsnes just meters from road E39 near Møkjavatnet
    ​​​​​IMGP0119 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr
    This is a very nice image... Love the rim-frosted grass in the water contrasting the blue, as the light catches it. I would suppose this is the right place at the right time: with sunlight warming the grass, the rim-frost will soon evaporate.

Leave a comment:

• wherrygirl
    replied
    What a delightful contrast between Ombugge's and Svein's photos - one full of movement with the massing clouds and then the other with the bluest of blue skies above the calm, reed-filled water below. Beautiful.

Leave a comment:

• nari
    commented on 's reply
    What a splendid view from your verandah!!

• Sterkoder
    replied
    I don't call it winter yet, so I guess the autumn thread will be the place to post a couple of autumn pictures from Straumsnes just meters from road E39 near Møkjavatnet
    ​​​​​IMGP0119 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​IMGP0127 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    The snow limit is creeping lower in the mountains.

View from town today 01.10.2018:

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    ARGH... the winter is coming. Thankfully, I have a lot to do to keep myself busy during those colder and darker days.

In Trondheim, the temperature is steady at about 6 degrees +, with a LOT of non-stop rain.

Last week, I was supposed to drive to TYNSET, but that particular day, they reported about 10-20 cm snow on the mountain pass to go there. With summer tires, I changed my mind.

Leave a comment:

• Ralf__
    commented on 's reply
    We had a clear night with full moon and temperature went down to +2°C this morning in Stuttgart. -- But we should not claim after this long and hot summer...

• ombugge
    replied
    Now autumn is really here. This is what Sula looked like yesterday:

Today it is raining, blowing and warmer, so the snow on Sula is gone again. (For NOW!!)

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    We waited for some winds up here in Trondheim too, but it was for the most part dead calm... but each run across the fjord was in a different weather through the night.

It was like one night watch with all seasons repeatedly and in random order.

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    Hurricane force gusts on the coast and in the mountains overnight:
    https://www.smp.no/vaeret/2018/06/15...t-16931740.ece
    View from our veranda this morning:

Only the colour of the leaves looks wrong for autumn

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    commented on 's reply
    And we have theoretically just entered summer, but it feels like autumn already. (At least for tonight/tomorrow only, I hope)

• nari
    commented on 's reply
    We have been theoretically in autumn for some weeks, and after our long hot dry summer, this season is very welcome. The roses are quite confused and are sulking.

• ombugge
    replied
    Autumn is early this year.
    First Autumn storm expected tonight and tomorrow here in Aalesund: https://www.smp.no/nyheter/2018/06/1...d-16921735.ece
    Moving north along the coast in the next couple of days.

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    Cold air over warm water = ???:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X