Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Photo Assignment: Abandoned cars and other abandoned vehicles.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that is a great, no A GREAT place to spend a day.
    i had walk here 2 years back over a graveyard,but just with cars,not that much cars,and tooooooooooo much sun.
    best regards Thijs

Comment

Incredible yard of old vehicles. I don't want to call it a junk yard because I can't stop myself from wondering how cool they would look restored.

Comment

Sigve, sorry for my somewhat 'harsh' answer, almost like 'find it yourself'..., but at the time of answering, I did not have the possibility to make a map for you.
        That said, and a new day raising...., here's what I made for you, and the rest of the audience who might be interested, or not:

The tiny little map in the lower right hand corner suggest where in Norway we are ;-)

"IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Just about one month short of four years since the last post in this thread.
          I've taken pictures of the old Mercedes 180near a road at island Averøy before, but as I was in the area again today, I stopped and used my iPhone to take some b/w pictures.
          As I used my iPhone, I also added around 20% HDR and used some soft tone and a notch of vignette.

​​​​​​39174691_10156943714159610_104692078402863104_n by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​39142063_10156943714214610_6181898389370699776_n by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​39234641_10156943714254610_4874309052236038144_n by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​39148894_10156943714204610_2506263723891490816_n by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Comment

Fascinating, Sterkoder, fascinating.

I can almost smell the smell of an old, abandoned car.... imagine this car when it was new, all the things it has seen and all the places it has been driven, and the people who rode it. Fascinating stuff.
            With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
            Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

I'm sure I am not keeping up with things (while having very little free time and therefore prioritising the SDS Hansteen posts), but I just HAD to pop in here and say how impressed I was by these images. Truly a perfect marriage of subject matter and a Sterkoder style you have made your own - having honed this technique to perfection in these latest images.

Comment

Thank you, I'm blushing.
                Now, the sun is setting behind the hill in the background from the car, and if you notice in #19/2, the last sunlight hit a window on the barn in the front of the car, and give light to the branch in front of the grill and the Mercedes grill, which actually and otherwise would have been in shadow

Comment

• Tommi
                  Tommi commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's a moody looking Merc indeed!
              Working...
              X