Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

September 2011: CaptainsVoyage Forum Monthly Digital Photo Competition.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A brand new digital photo competition will now be opened for this entire upcoming month, September 2011. As usual, we strongly urge all participants to use their special eye and try thinking "out of the box" to make that very special image.

You can use whatever settings you like, whatever equipment you decide (even a Nikon ... ), whatever photo-editing program you choose, to make your image an award winning image.

We kindly ask you not to just throw in any random image, but instead put some thought into it, and place only your very best shot(s) within the theme.

September 2011 THEME: ....

(since the past month was letter D=Destination, this month would be something with E):

The theme for the month of September is Evolution.

We repeat the usual 4 standard rules of engagement:

1/ A maximum of 3 entries per user, within this months theme.

2/ Number your images consequently starting at SEP-001, then SEP-002 and so on (we kindly ask you to please make sure you enter the correct number as it makes it so much easier for me at month's end... )

3/ Find an appropriate but short title for your image (makes it easier to remember when we are going to cast a vote).

4/ The image must naturally be taken be yourself.

Competition closes on September 25th!

Need some inspiration? Make an online search via sites such as for example google, photobucket or/and flickr to see if you can find any tips!

.... and yes, GOOD LUCK to all participants!
    SEP-001: evolution on a bad way by janihudi
    7.89%
    SEP-002: A Generation of Recycle by kiki42
    0.00%
    SEP-003: Lookign back in time by kiki42
    0.00%
    SEP-004: Caledonian Canal - keeping up with times by Gaelsail
    2.63%
    SEP-005: Old bridge - New Road by Gaelsail
    0.00%
    SEP-006: Puffing through the canal by Gaelsail
    13.16%
    SEP-007: Consequences of evolution… by Seagull
    7.89%
    SEP-008: Cutting implements - ancient and modern by wherrygirl
    13.16%
    SEP-009: 50 years of evolution (beauty meets beast) by janihudi
    18.42%
    SEP-010: Evolution of a Young Lady by ehp
    7.89%
    SEP-011: Fiat 500 growing up by Ralf
    13.16%
    SEP-012: Evolution in cameras, my oldest and newest by pakarang
    13.16%
    SEP-013: Evolution in video recording: the oldest and newest by pakarang
    2.63%

The poll is expired.

With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
    Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
    Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Re: September 2011: CaptainsVoyage Forum Monthly Digital Photo Competition.

sep-001. evolution on a bad way

Last edited by janihudi; September 3rd, 2011, 15:17. Reason: new name for image
    best regards Thijs

Comment

[QUOTE=janihudi;68438]sep-001. most delicious ass. who?/QUOTE]

The answer is Boudicca!!!

Comment

The answer is Boudicca!!!
        Or shouldn't we rather say "Black Watch"...?
        "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

I know nothing about ships, but I don't get this. Unless my eyes deceive me this is Costa Magica, built 2004. What has that to do with Fred?
          Last edited by wherrygirl; August 29th, 2011, 11:01.
          Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
          Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
            I know nothing about ships, but I don't get this. Unless my eyes deceive me this is Costa Magica, built 2004. What has that to do with Fred?
            If you look in the photo, there is two ships... the stern of Costa Magica and the stern of a former Royal Viking ship, now a Fred Olsen cruiseship.
            With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
            Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
            Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
            Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Oh, crafty! Thanks, J.O.
              Ivy

Comment

darn,you replied on the image,i was thinking today (what do you mean,addicted to CVF) i change the title.

evolution on a bad way
                best regards Thijs

Comment

Go on then, nothing to stop you changing it. Go for it, man.
                  Ivy

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
                    Go on then, nothing to stop you changing it. Go for it, man.
                    I belive 'janihudi's point is that it does not matter how much he changes his text, as long as I hav quoted him. He can not change my quote, so his suggestion of "Boudicca" will be standing.
                    (Sorry Thijs....., hope it's ok )
                    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

it's ok Svein.i know when you quoted the old name will stands,
                      but the common name for a shipsstern is here ass,don't know how it's in the rest of the world.
                      so that's the reason of changing it,and it's somewhat more polite
                      best regards Thijs

Comment

Gosh I am having problems thinking of a photo for EVOLUTION , difficult one this month HELP !!!!!

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

Originally posted by kiki42 View Post
                          Gosh I am having problems thinking of a photo for EVOLUTION , difficult one this month HELP !!!!!
                          I looked up the dictionary for Evolution . A gradual change in the characteristics of living things over successive generations,esp.to a more complex form. I wonder if my entry under a generation of recycling is accepted. Help !!!!! waiting to see what other members show for Evolution. !

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

SEPT 002 A Generation of Recycle

Comment

Brilliant thinking Kiki….most definitely accepted…just look at what it says about thinking “out of the box”.
                              (I sort of know what I’ll post, but having been away it may take some days yet…but it will be all too predictable a picture from me…may have to embellish it with some photoshopped addition…ummm..)

Comment

Working...
                              X