Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

18-200 mm lense - pros and cons from you experts out there, please.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 18-200 mm lense - pros and cons from you experts out there, please.

Good luck with the new lens purchase,Sterkoder
    Looking forward to your photos when you get new lens home.
    Best wishes from
    Bengt Domben

Comment

Talked to the camera salesman today, who again had a talk with the Pentax importer. The latter told us that Tamron 18-270 don't come with a Pentax adapter ring.
      He recommended the Tamron 18-200 for me, and I'll pick it up Friday.
      I could get the original Pentax lense wirh that range, but it would be a totally different price...
      Last edited by Sterkoder; February 23rd, 2012, 19:58.
      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

I would recommend that you buy the Pentax original lens, even if it's more expensive. I'm sure you will not regret it...
        For my own sake, I couldn't dream of buying a non-original lens to my camera. Never.
        Last edited by Sigve; February 23rd, 2012, 23:49.
        Regards; Sigve.
        ---
        IF I WIN IN LOTTO, I COULD GO EVERYWHERE. WITH FRAM....

Comment

Yes, Sigve...., I agree to that.
          I have a Pentax 18-55 and a Pentax 55-200 today, and no lense can match those on my Pentax camera, but I have a need...., a need for a 18-200 lense so that I don't have to change lenses during events (such as Tall Ships Race, Airshows), city walks and so on.
          I've searched, but can not find a Pentax lense in that range. I find Pentax 50-200 and 18-135, but those are not to my need.
          And no matter to whom I have spoken, be it friends, hobby photographers or professionals, Tamron draw the longest straw in the Tamron vs. Sigma "battle".
          So therefore, and since Tamron don't produce a 18-270 with Pentax mount, my choise is now the Tamron 18-200.

Comment

Got my Tamron 18-200 today....., and WOW....., I can't wait to try it out!
            And after buying the lense, I talked to my camera salesman about photography.
            As he's an abroad educated photographer we talked about different ways to get proper light when the light conditions are poor.
            I thought that I could use white cardboard to light shadowed areas, but that would give color cast (fargestikk) in the picture, as white cardboard is not white.
            He suggested that we use white polystyrene. that's totally white.
            Many nice effects can also be done by using a mirror.
            When photographing in macro, if we don't like the blurred background of the sharp object, we could use coloured paper, curled aluminum foil and such.
            Then we talked about flat light, nature photography, how to compose a picture, why oblique pictures are "in" and popular, the importance of a visible horizon being horizontal, and much, much more.
            I'm so happy such stores can live in a city and that we're not dependent on Expert, Elkjøp or other stores which not know what they talk about if you happen to ask one simple question about a camera or lense.
            Just wanted to tell...

Comment

Local shops are really worth a lot, if they can keep a decent level.
              I bought my point-and-shoot Sony at my local shop a couple of years ago. Later I tried to purchase some filters, but it just got too complicated. Their stock of filters were just of small dimensions, stopping one size from the one where my dimensions started. When I asked them to order a bigger filter for me it took like 10 minutes for them to figure out the price.
              So you are very lucky to have that great store in Kristiansund!

Now we're waiting for the results from a photo walk or two!

Comment

Congratulations... this is great news for all of us...

Can't wait to see you put that thing to good use.

PS: The letters in the lens reminds me of a Top Gear episode (yes, I'm hooked) I saw last night on the "telly" ... about cars and their "names" in China.... no singular names, but rather a random set of letters and numbers.
                With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Working...
                X