No announcement yet.

Help E (....and Sterkoder....) figure out a new camera

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulation with your new camera Fujifilm FinePix S1500,Svein.
    I am sure this will serve you for a long time ahead.
    Best wishes from
    Bengt Domben

Comment

Thank you, I hope so too....., but suddenly I got a "wet dream"

Let's say I won the lottery, and came out of it with NOK 150.000,-
      Then I could go out and by myself a Canon EOS 1D Mk. III with a Canon 1200mm lense. And what images would that give?? Take a look at this A-380 approx. 35.000 feet up :

And the equipment looks like this :

"IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Big S --that last post should come with a health advisory. When Jan-Olav sees it, he may go into cardiac arrest. Ditto PilotDane...and He's already recovering from the tug shots...........

and I hope you have.....um.....well....recovered.

Comment

and I hope you have.....um.....well....recovered
          I have recovered 90% from my knee operation. The last 10% is when I walk in steps and work in odd positions and feel I have a left knee down there...

When it comes to that last post, I thought of Jan-Olavs image of the same type aircraft from the same company he took a few weeks back when it passed over Trondheim.
          And of course, I was a bit impressed with the photographers equipment, the size and what he can do with it....
          But even if mine is small, I belive I can do wonders

I'M TALKING ABOUT THE CAMERA!!!!

Comment

Ohhh... hikk... ark.... ehemmm... hrmpf..... ahhhh...

(Just suffered a minor heart attack.... )

The Canon EOS 5DMarkII has long been my dream camera by far: me want it sooo much, though, at the time, my relatively new 50D is still in a good working condition.

So is my 35-350mm L lens...

But the 1200mm lens is way too expensive for almost anybody which does not have a serious sponsor such as BBC or CNN behind them: theat is as PRO as you can possibly go. I had a plan once though... to rent a lens like that in Bangkok (yes, there you can rent them)... just for a day to get a feel what it was like.

I might ask my friend there, which has one of those (he is a professional photographer in an un-named American news giant over there)... if I can borrow his for a few hours.
            With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
            Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by ehp View Post
              and I hope you have.....um.....well....recovered.
              Big S--I was being quite naughty and referring to THIS quote......

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
              but suddenly I got a "wet dream"

(as I creep slowly back into the gutter....)

Comment

Oohhh...., don't we have fun on this forum...?

Comment

I can almost not breath!!!!!!!!

Just a couple of weeks after me using money to by a FujiFilm S1500...., they PUNCH the market with their newest supercamera: FujiFilm HS10.

30 x zoom with a 24-720mm lense, panorama just by moveing the camera, video with 1000 pictures pr. sec full resolution, stabilizers all around, 3" display with 230.000pix and I don't know what.

And this is not a DSLR.

NOK 4.300,-

(If I ever could hold on to not having a camera just a few weeks more)
                  Last edited by Sterkoder; February 2nd, 2010, 16:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                    I can almost not breath!!!!!!!!

Just a coupkle of weeks after me using money to by a FujiFilm S1500...., they PUNCH the market with their newest supercamera: FujiFilm HS10.

30 x zoom with a 24-720mm lense, panorama just by moveing the camera, video with 1000 pictures pr. sec full resolution, stabilizers all around, 3" display with 230.000pix and I don't know what.

And this is not a DSLR.

NOK 4.300,-

(If I ever could hold on to not having a camera just a few weeks more)
                    If you had done so, Fuji would have done the same.

It's one of Murphy's laws.
                    Øistein

If at first you don’t succeed, skydiving is not for you...

Comment

I just as bad as buying a new computer. Next week it will be twice as fast and less expensive.

Comment

Sounds like my luck...

My brother puts it this way....we have the "Luck of the Irish"...
                        yeah, the POTATO FAMINE Irish...............

Comment

It's one of Murphy's laws.
                          Oh, do I know that guy!!!!
                          Sometimes I feel like he's my shadow

But anyway, I look forward to lighter days, spring and summer so that I can resume my hobby of taking pictures.
                          And in some years, when my newly aquired camera gets old, the HS10 might have dropped so much in price that I then can have the 30 x zoom 24-720mm linsed camera.
                          (But, wonder what old Murphy will pull out of his sleve then...? )

You know, the HS10 also have something called Motion Remover. Pretty neat to have if you want to take picture of an object which is a tourist magnet and the pictureframes are filled with tourists. The camera does an in-camera analysis just as you release the trigger button pressure, and if any of the tourists move...., voalah!....., their history!

Take a look at my "wet dream" , read the article and weep: http://www.dpreview.com/news/1002/10...hs10series.asp
                          Last edited by Sterkoder; February 3rd, 2010, 00:38.

Comment

Sterkoder, I looked up your Fujifilm FinePix S1500 on the Steve’s digicams, as mentioned by Clipper, and found:
                            For focusing you have Continuous AF or Single AF (default)
                            And the AF Mode can be selected to be Center, Multi, Area, or Tracking
                            This appears to be in the Shooting Menu.

Then I found the manual for the camera and the relevant pages.
                            I have run out of time today to stop and think about this info right now, but hope it might help.

Comment

Hey, look at this!!!!
                              Of course this is the manual I have, but in a way...., looking to solve "a great problem" in an irritated mode made me almost blind to solutions.
                              Thank you so much for helping out, I appreciate it so much!!!

Must get off work now, and try it out later

Comment

Been testing out a bit here in 'P'-mode and 'Auto' in my own living room.
                                I see differences, but I'll have to wait until daylight to try it out "full scale".
                                Also a difference when changing from single IS to double IS.

Puh...., embarrassing to ask such questions for a "photographer", who should know his equipment in and out...., but I think to my self; well..., after all you manage to see which image is good and which one is not, or at least the ability to see that something is wrong
                                Last edited by Sterkoder; February 10th, 2010, 20:14.

Comment

Working...
                                X